This mod is a port of my Homeworld Classic Enhanced mod for Homeworld 2. It combines my HW Classic Rebalance and Gameplay Enhanced mods into one single mod, providing you with a greater number of gameplay options than can be found in either mod alone. Development of those earlier mods has stopped in favor of this one.
Change log in description. Since so much has changed there are probably bugs.
2.1.0 --- 2016/07/01
• Fixed a bug in Vaygr research script that was also preventing the game from
ending and the ADVANCED stats from being written to the profile directory.
• Removed the "Map Default" STARTING RESOURCES option since RU values have
never been stored in the HW1C level files, anyway.
• Minor tweaks to game rule tooltips.
• Changed the way starting fleet suffixes are handled in the code. The strings
are are now built up over time as the game rule steps through each setting. A
starting fleet suffix might now look like
"_carrieronly1_research0_resource0_hyperspace1" depending on the final
combination of settings that the host chose.
• The tech items in the "TechList" table now have multiple sub-types depending
on which of the game rules are enabled or disabled. This required substantial
changes to the loop structure of CRATE and BENTUSI ROULETTE functions, for
• SPECIAL FLEETS now overrides the START WITH, RESOURCING OFF, RESEARCH OFF AND
HYPERSPACE OFF settings if turned on. This is until I can think of a better
solution to a problem. However, the SPECIAL FLEETS mode itself remains hidden
and disabled, so the change makes very little practical difference currently.
• Renamed the "_noresearch" ship/subsytem suffix to "_research0", and the
"_carrieronly" suffix to "_carrieronly1" in order to be consistent, and to
make way for the new "_resource0" and "_hyperspace0" suffixes.
• Forgot to add the Kushan and Taiidan motherships to the motherships table in
the rule restrictions object list.
• CARRIER ONLY research items are now applied properly when RESEARCH OFF mode
is enabled as well.
• Fixed a bug in the "UpdateBountyStats()" function that was preventing
bounties from working in 7 and 8 player battles.
• CRATES and BENTUSI ROULETTE are now automatically disabled when DEFINED ROLES
is turned on. They are not compatible with each other.
• Hiigaran and Vaygr shipyards no longer require a hyperspace module in order
to get built when the HYPERSPACE OFF rule is enabled. This is in order to
balance the four races.
• DUE TO THE FUNDAMENTAL CHANGES TO THE MOD'S INTERNALS IN THIS RELEASE, THERE
IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT MANY NEW BUGS MAY HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED!
• In the next release I am going to focus on optimizations. I noticed a number
of areas where things could be done more efficiently. (Especially with regard
to assigning and retrieving values from variables in loops.)