This mod is a port of my Homeworld Classic Enhanced mod for Homeworld 2. It combines my HW Classic Rebalance and Gameplay Enhanced mods into one single mod, providing you with a greater number of gameplay options than can be found in either mod alone. Development of those earlier mods has stopped in favor of this one.
2.0.4 --- 2016/06/28 --- See description for change log.
2.0.4 --- 2016/06/28
• A "Crate detected" message is now also sent to the Events screen when a crate
• Non-player squadrons are once again spawned on the map according to the
original map author's specifications. However, this happens only when
selecting the "HW1C Map Default" START WITH or similar setting in a game
rule. Unfortunately, these non-player ships are totally non-interactive,
unlike their counterparts in HW1C and HW Cataclysm. Also, formations are not
supported in level files, so I had to limit spawned ships to 1 ship per map
• Tweaks to how map objects are counted for debug purposes.
• Added resourcing related items to the research restriction list when STARTING
RESOURCES is set to DISABLED.
• Starting music track is once again displayed on the screen when a battle
• Custom GUI screens are now split into "Static" and "Dynamic" categories based
on how often they need to be updated.
• Added a new AUDIO TRACK HISTORY screen that lists the last ten battle and
ambient music tracks that have been played.
• Increased the duration of the opening text message display from 10 to 15
• The random background music script now uses an explicitly declared seed value
to hopefully prevent the potential for further desyncs.
• Sobgroups are no longer moved to a distant radiation field first before being
killed due to the START WITH rule. Now they are being despawned right where
they are instead. Hopefully this remains a good solution.
• Changed ship and subsystem label "_nores" to "_noresearch" to be clearer.
• Extended the delay before granting all research in the RESEARCH OFF setting
back to 15 seconds. A too short delay was causing the game to crash.
• Multiple non-player ships are no longer spawned at the same coordinates in
the level file since formations remain unsupported in level files, and the
inert non-player ships cannot move apart from each other.
• CPU players are now able to at least fight when DEFINED ROLES is enabled.
They can't build or research. But they are able to engage in combat at least.
This means that large DEFINED ROLES battles are viable as long as the
CAPITAL/PRODUCTION roles are assigned to human players.