Hi guys, it's the last day of 2018, so let's take a look back on how the mod developed during this year :)
Overall it wasn't a bad year for the mod, we got a new team member, responsible for map making and we showed some of his cool designs of the new maps. We made some important decisions such as changing the clone models and all the coding patterns, but this is for the best.
As usual the article will be in chronological order, but some of the content we showed in the last year will be skipped as it's no longer valid, e.g. old clone models.
In January, we had a good start to the year:
- We showed the 442nd Siege battalion, now OBSOLETE, but the new ones are coming :)
- We changed the model for the AV-7 with a better one:
In February we showed:
- The new 187th Custom LAAT and pilots
- The Republic's space units got huge update, with most of them ready. You can check all units in this article
In March we:
- Finished the coding for space and we did some extensive tests. We can say that space is pretty much playable :)
- We got some help from Delta730 for the massiff model and we finished the Coruscant Guard (now OBSOLETE) and the massiff model will remain after the rework. We will probably change the backpack for the search trooper, because of a lot negative feedback.
April came with:
- Finally finishing the V-Wing Phase III pilot
In the following months we did a lot of background work like coding, concept work, research and etc all kind of critical things for a mod to become a good one. And of course the unannounced work on the new Clone trooper model and animations. Because of that there is a huge lack of any visual updates.
In July we received the wonderful news that we finally will see the end of the Clone Wars. This show is so important to this mod and to me personally as SW fan, that I can't be silent about it
- Also HaloSentinel joined us as a mapper and we showed his first concepts for the Corsucant and Kamino maps
- And on the last day of the month I finished one of the last missing vehicles for the Republic - the AT-OT
In August we finally announced the new clones:
- Officially showing some of the first types
The work on them continued into September
- With a lot of new details and completely new animations for a lot of them
- And with the spontaneous idea I got to include the half B2s in the mod
In October we:
- opened with another map concept - Kashyyyk
- And I again added more clone types, regardless of the fact that i keep saying i won't do it anymore :D
- We also introduced the new EWEB model and the generator I made for it
- finally the work on the Phase 1 troopers was done. You can check it in this article
- And after the change in the infantry, we also had to change the vehicles with exposed troopers like the BARC Speeders. We also added the CK-6 swoop bike as cold BARC speeder
- The month continued with our first custom unit with the new models, the 5th Fleet Security
- and finished with the next one - the 21st Nova Corps The Galactic Marines
December opened with:
- Completely reworked B1 Battledroids as we want to give the CIS the same attention the GAR got so far in our mod
- Finally the Droideka and the BX Commando Droids were introduced in the mod with amazing models and animations that you can see in the video for the first and on the pictures for the second droid:
- We still have to finish the work on the BX captain's animations and I'll post an article about all special infantry droids for CIS :)
- We participated in the MOTY 2018 and thanks to all of you, we made it to the top 100. Thank you!
- and we showed the next custom clone unit - the 104th Battalion
- And the last thing for the year was the announcement of the Jedi Academy animations we are going to add in the mod and our little contest related to that. The winner Bucman55 hasn't chosen his reward yet and that's why we haven't announced it yet.
That's it, guys, the most important moments of the entirety of 2018 :)
I hope you enjoyed our work and will continue supporting us. I want to thank all 1,534 members that are following the mod, we really appreciate it.
Since it is already 2019 in some parts of the world, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone, enjoy it :)