This project has gone non-public. I'm really tired of the braindead comments about optional HD
models. Shall all the whiners create something better. CM has become a just-for-fun project again.
Imagine, a Hollywood producer got his hands on the game. The result would be similar to what the Cinematic Mod is: a graphics blockbuster, redesigned to the typical game to movie adaption with an orchestral soundtrack and beautiful people everywhere.
A graphical / music total conversion of the Half-Life 2 storyline. You need Half-Life 2 + EP1 + EP2 and a 64Bit windows system to play this modification. (Mac OSX supported soon)
PURPOSE (Version 10.42)
- Unified Engine; play the game (HL2 / EP1 / EP2) with the latest Orangebox engine / Advanced HDR / new shadow effects
- Enhance the old HL2 maps with HDR, blooming, color-correction, new props, dynamic shadows
- Eliminate the visible world-skybox transitions in the maps. Cinematic Mod maps are looking much bigger than they are.
- Eliminate all blurry / Lowres textures with new Highres textures and/or Hires-Detail-Overlays
- Give the HL2 trilogy a more stressed, darker and uncomfortable look
- Enhance the soundtrack with a semi-dynamic new hollywood-style music
- Add optional HD characters (mostly based on the ultra-detailed Poser Pro mechs)
- Add ironsight
- Add dynamic shadow simulation with the help of env_projected_textures
- Add more replay-value and a fresh new style
- ALL features are optional and selectable with an comfortable configuration-tool.
Gun and some spite effects from TheVMan's Ultra Effects Pack
Here is the changelog :
1. LAA Patch (Large Address Aware)
2. Dynamic background
3. Launcher bugfix
4. Volumetric Fire
Patch 1.25 by demon667_schwarz. Patch for 1.24!
Known bugs (1.0 - 1.25):
- After changing the ingame-language: Steam is asking you to restart hl2. Doing so will restart to the original unmodded hl2.
Therefore you should exit and start CM2013 manually.
- Poor performance on outdoor maps with HBAO enabled: HBAO is a fps killer and needs a really fast gpu.
- Sunrays are flickering: The sunrays shader is not fully compatible with multicore rendering. Either disable multicore
rendering in the advanced video options or disable the sunrays with the configurator.
- High VRAM mode gives me trouble (crashes or fps drops): The high vram mode is experimental. Disable it.
- My FOV is weird: CM2013 has enhanced FOV range (50-90 - Original hl2 has 75-90). Please check the fov setting in the video config panel.
- "Procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in DLL - nvspcap.dll" error with SweetFX enabled. Some nvidia drivers broke SweetFX.
Only workaround is to deinstall Geforce Experience or disable SweetFX. This bug may be corrected with an updated nvidia driver.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Fakefactory's final update to FakeFactory Cinematic Mod.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (29 agree) 10/10
Mod stands for Modification, either it is a Single Player Story modification a Multiplayer Modification or an improvement what so ever to the original game that fills more than one category (level design, texture, sound and models). Other wise it would be call a texture pack, map pack, model pack ect... But to actually re-imagine, re-make and re-mix elements to give a new fresh look and feel to an already existing game is no easy task. The models in CINEMATIC MOD are simply the best models in terms…
Feb 22 2011 by Mxthe