Imagine, a Hollywood producer got his hands on the game. The result would be similar to what the Cinematic Mod is: a graphics blockbuster, redesigned to the typical game to movie adaption with an orchestral soundtrack and beautiful people everywhere.
Fakefactory's final update to FakeFactory Cinematic Mod.
---------------------------- !!!!VERY IMPORTANT !!!!! ----------------------------
The installer tries to copy some VPK and CACHE files from your official HL2 installation to the mod directory. This can fail on non-standard steam installations or when some registry settings are missing. If you are getting errors on game start (error models, missing assets, black screen etc...), please copy the needed files manualy:
You need to copy all *.VPK and *.CACHE files from the hl2 / episodic / ep2 subdirs of your official HL2 installation to the subdirs in the CM2013 folder, but do not overwrite any files.
- After changing the ingame-language: Steam is asking you to restart hl2. Doing so will restart to the original unmodded hl2.
Therefore you should exit and start CM2013 manually.
- Poor performance on outdoor maps with HBAO enabled: HBAO is a fps killer and needs a really fast gpu.
- Sunrays are flickering: The sunrays shader is not fully compatible with multicore rendering. Either disable multicore
rendering in the advanced video options or disable the sunrays with the configurator.
- High VRAM mode gives me trouble (crashes or fps drops): The high vram mode is experimental. Disable it.
- My FOV is weird: CM2013 has enhanced FOV range (50-90 - Original hl2 has 75-90). Please check the fov setting in the video config panel.
- "Procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in DLL - nvspcap.dll" error with SweetFX enabled. Some nvidia drivers broke SweetFX.
Only workaround is to deinstall Geforce Experience or disable SweetFX. This bug may be corrected with an updated nvidia driver.
CM 2013 Final
- Map fixes
- Fixed bad hands model on most characters
- Added new HD Alyx (close to original VALVE face shape)
- Updated SweetFX preset
- Fixed incomplete crossbow model when using ultra wide aspect ratio (21:9) or eyefinity
- Fixed ep1_c17_02 missing water
- Added (optional) nighttime coast sequence after numerous requests. Use the configurator tool for enabling the new maps
(Warning: You cannot use old coast savegames after switching)
- Added headlights for the buggy (hl2 EP0 only)