ESHQ is a mod for Half-Life with its own storyline (not from Half-Life universe). Unknown government spy must steal secret files from the building called 'Evil scientists headquarters'. But his job gonna be a bit more difficult and long in time and space...
ESHQ is an abbreviation that means 'Evil scientists headquarters'. It's name for fake experimental center, used for distraction from the real infrastructure objects.
First of them - 'Bernier city experimental base' complex. Exists independently from city administration and other city buildings. Consists of 5 separated bases and other buildings connected by subsurface transport system.
- 'Base 1' works at aquabiology and same technologies. Has underwater 'garden'. Connected to generic railway.
- 'Base 2' worked with onground fauna. Had own warehouse complex; connected to generic railway. Closed and sealed after unsuccessful experiment.
- 'Base 3' works at weather control. Placed into the Bernier mountain; uses its own transport railways; connected to generic railway and to teleports system. Weather control facility was developed with constructive mistakes. Probably, is a HQ of all complex.
- 'Base 4' works with reality imitation technologies. Has its own missile arsenal and rocket bunker (probably, left by old 'Base 5'). Connected to generic railway and teleport system.
- 'Base 5' works with weapons. Its about 100 km from the city. Has its own tectonic laboratory and surgery complex. Connected to generic onground railway.
- Bernier city secret transport system - complex of railway and teleport hubs and tunnels. Uses teleportation core and own reactor complex.
Second of them - Sampi research complex. Consists of 3 separated sectors and the HQ.
- Onground and subsurface Sampi station - basically, living and storage areas, test sites, etc.
- Deepcave Sampi station - forbidden biological and radiological experiments, teleportation tests, 'living without sun' psychological tests.
- Sampi space station - large complex of space-station-like blocks ('columns') used for 'long staying in space' tests. Has its own very powerful reactor complex, life supporting system, labs complex, etc.
- Sampi headquarters - especial building placed in Border world. Uses its antigravitational materials and heavy-duty constructions. Has its own teleportation and gravity cores, underground city, etc.
Initially all of this didn't concern the protagonist in any way. But fate is unpredictable. And now he need to go through all of this elements of evil...
We need to voice these sentences for our mod. Some voices will be modified with sound effects (like radio interference). But you needn’t to apply it – we’ll do it ourselves. We just need voice samples. If you can help us with some of them – we will be extremely grateful!
1. We only can work on free base. Please, submit your own content IF AND ONLY IF you don't want to get any legitimate rights or donates for it. We cannot apply non-free offers to our mod.
2. Please, don't forget to provide your name or nick. We will add you to the 'list of developers and testers' of our mod.
Support of versions 5.x has been stopped. Corresponding update package placed here; algorithm of update you can find here.
Support of versions 4.x has been stopped. Corresponding update package placed here; algorithm of update you can find here.
Support of versions 3.x has been stopped. Corresponding update package placed here; algorithm of update you can find here.
Support of versions 2.x has been stopped. Corresponding update package placed here; algorithm of update you can find here.
If you still have any questions, please, direct them to us immediately.
Player can start mod from maps described below, using 'map eshqXX' command, where XX - number of the map. These maps contain correct entrances for generic mod's plot. Other maps cannot be started properly (without 'noclip', 'give' and other commands). We think, this feature will simplify full mod update when save files cannot be rescued.
Map 1 - the beginning
Map 8 - start from the ESSeaLab (after destroying ESHQ complex);
Map 15 - start from 'Base 5' entrance;
Map 33 - start from the topside of 'Base 1' (after the treachery scene);
Map 39 - start from refugees camp (after the Bernier city's collapse);
Map 49 - start from Oakwood RC (after the Sampi base's crash)
If you have any troubles with walkthrough of our mod, please, use these articles for troubleshooting (WARNING: SPOILERS! FOR BIG TROUBLES SHOOTING ONLY!):
- Mod plot, part 1;
- Mod plot, part 2;
- Mod plot, part 3;
- Mod plot, part 4;
- Mod plot, part 5.
And remember: if something goes wrong with ESHQ, you can contact us for help.
We know about some troubles with our mod. F.e.:
• Mod has the same issues as used version of engine (mainly, incorrect processing of collision bounds of pushables and doors).
• Mod almost hasn't voice-over for people's dialogues and monologues.
We know about it and we seriously work on it now.
Here you can find actual set of updates for our mods
This article contains log of previous updates for our mod
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Partial content review; Current fixes for ESHQ maps
This assembly contains full actual release of ESHQ mod (without ES:FA spin-off). 5th version haven't last maps and some required updates
Minor update for maps and content; Current maps validations; Major deployment system update
Update for mod deployment subsystem; contains maps validations for first 8 ESHQ maps
This package opens ES:FA mod content for ESHQ v 6 setup assembly.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.