ESHQ is a mod for Half-Life with its own storyline (not from Half-Life universe). Unknown government spy must steal secret files from the building called 'Evil scientists headquarters'. But his job gonna be a bit more difficult and long in time and space...
ESHQ is an abbreviation that means 'Evil scientists headquarters'. It is a name for fake experimental center, used for distraction from the real infrastructure objects.
First of them - 'Bernier city experimental base' complex. Exists independently from city administration and other city buildings. Consists of 5 separated bases connected by subsurface transport system.
- 'Base 1' works at aquabiology and same technologies. Has underwater 'garden'. Connected to generic railway.
- 'Base 2' worked with onground fauna. Had own warehouse complex; connected to generic railway. Closed and sealed after unsuccessful experiment.
- 'Base 3' works at weather control. Placed in Bernier mountain; uses its own transport railways; connected to generic railway and to teleport system. Weather control plant was developed with constructive mistakes. Probably, is a HQ of complex.
- 'Base 4' works with reality imitation technologies. Has its own missile arsenal and rocket bunker (probably, left by old 'Base 5'). Connected to generic railway and teleport system.
- 'Base 5' works with weapons. Its about 100 km from the city. Has its own tectonic laboratory, surgery complex and recycling complex. Connected to generic onground railway.
- Bernier city secret transport system - complex of railway and teleport hubs and tunnels. Uses teleportation core and own reactor complex.
Second of them - Sampi research complex. Consists of 3 separated sectors and a HQ.
- Onground and subsurface Sampi station - basically, living and storage areas, test sites, etc.
- Deepcave Sampi station - forbidden biological and radiological experiments, teleportation tests, 'living without sun' psychological tests.
- Sampi space station - large complex of space-station-like block ('columns') uses for 'long staying in space' tests. Has its own very powerful reactor complex, life supporting system, labs complex, etc.
- Sampi headquarters - especial building placed in Border world. Uses its antigravitational materials and heavy-duty constructions. Has its own teleportation and gravity cores.
Initially all of this didn't concern the protagonist in any way. But fate is unpredictable. And now he need to go through all of this elements of evil...
How to use:
If you haven't installed mod before:
1. Download and unzip 'ESHQ_v_2_0.rar' from here;
2. Download and unzip 'ESHQ_v_2_3_update.rar' in the same folder, overwrite existing files with new ones;
3. Launch 'ESHQInstaller.exe', setup main mod files;
4. Launch 'ESHQUpdater.exe', setup update files.
Otherwise perform steps 2 and 4 to update mod files only; don't forget to set mod installation directory in the 4th step.
Version 2.3 - crashes fixing and visual improvement
- Map 10 and 14: found and fixed bug that causes engine crash on killing big group of scientists;
- Map 13: unexpected crash at moment of facing group of militaries was not found; but we're looking for it;
- Map 13, 14, 15, 19, 20: visual improvements;
- Map 20: correct skybox returned.
WARNING! It is not recommended to make this update while you are on one of these maps.
Version 2.2 - revision of mod's maps, minor update for some textures
- Map 1: targets for some questionable C4's added;
- Map 7: more healthkits added;
- Map 33: short way through the hospital added;
- Many other improvements added.
WARNING! Update from version 2.0 or 2.1 to 2.2 will invalidate your save files. DO NOT update mod while playing! Correct update is possible only before and after walkthrough.
Version 2.1 - not critical update for user interface of installation module
- Installation process is controllable and visible now;
- Installer creates log file that contains all performed operations and possible errors;
- Installer creates path file. Don't remove it: file will be needed for further updates and mod uninstallation.
Our first mod release. Main setup assembly and basic package for further updates
Article continues describing default events of mod storyline and some spoilers that can help to go through some difficult locations. There is the first...
An article contains description and link for Xash3D engine (v43/0.91 rev 3737) adapted for ESHQ mod and described before
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Update fixing known crashes at 10th and 14th maps (probably, at 13th too). Also some visual improvements applied here
Mod's maps revision, minor textures update; contains previous updates
Update for installation module (not critical, user interface improvement)
Stand-alone assembly of our mod. Just install and go!
This archive contains Xash3D engine assembly for ESHQ mod and corresponding .FGD file for Hammer (translated to russian)
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.