ESHQ is a mod for Half-Life with its own storyline (not from Half-Life universe). Unknown government spy must steal secret files from the building called 'Evil scientists headquarters'. But his job gonna be a bit more difficult and long in time and space...
ESHQ is an abbreviation that means 'Evil scientists headquarters'. It is a name for fake experimental center, used for distraction from the real infrastructure objects.
First of them - 'Bernier city experimental base' complex. Exists independently from city administration and other city buildings. Consists of 5 separated bases connected by subsurface transport system.
- 'Base 1' works at aquabiology and same technologies. Has underwater 'garden'. Connected to generic railway.
- 'Base 2' worked with onground fauna. Had own warehouse complex; connected to generic railway. Closed and sealed after unsuccessful experiment.
- 'Base 3' works at weather control. Placed in Bernier mountain; uses its own transport railways; connected to generic railway and to teleport system. Weather control plant was developed with constructive mistakes. Probably, is a HQ of complex.
- 'Base 4' works with reality imitation technologies. Has its own missile arsenal and rocket bunker (probably, left by old 'Base 5'). Connected to generic railway and teleport system.
- 'Base 5' works with weapons. Its about 100 km from the city. Has its own tectonic laboratory, surgery complex and recycling complex. Connected to generic onground railway.
- Bernier city secret transport system - complex of railway and teleport hubs and tunnels. Uses teleportation core and own reactor complex.
Second of them - Sampi research complex. Consists of 3 separated sectors and a HQ.
- Onground and subsurface Sampi station - basically, living and storage areas, test sites, etc.
- Deepcave Sampi station - forbidden biological and radiological experiments, teleportation tests, 'living without sun' psychological tests.
- Sampi space station - large complex of space-station-like block ('columns') uses for 'long staying in space' tests. Has its own very powerful reactor complex, life supporting system, labs complex, etc.
- Sampi headquarters - especial building placed in Border world. Uses its antigravitational materials and heavy-duty constructions. Has its own teleportation and gravity cores.
Initially all of this didn't concern the protagonist in any way. But fate is unpredictable. And now he need to go through all of this elements of evil...
How to use:
If you haven't installed mod before:
1. Download and unzip 'ESHQ_v_3_0.rar';
2. Download and unzip 'ESHQ_update_to_v_3_5.rar' to the same folder; overwrite matching files;
3. Launch 'ESHQInstaller.exe', setup main mod files;
4. Launch 'ESHQUpdater.exe', setup update files.
If you have already installed mod version 3.0 or newer:
1. Perform step 2 from the previous sequence;
2. Perform step 4 from the previous sequence. If you haven't .pth file (contains mod setup path) or corresponding registry entry required by update module, use MakePth utility to restore it.
NOTE: if your OS is Windows XP or Windows 7, you will probably need to install Microsoft's DotNetFX40 first. Newer operating systems often contain this version of .NET Framework by default.
AND NOTE: don't try to play mod with non-original engine assemblies. Our engine adaptation has specific features and entities; mod will not work properly without it.
Version 3.5 - enemies rebalancing, 'enlightenment', tips and guides addition
- Maps 1, 13, 24, 29, 38, 44, etc - enemies have been partially rebalanced (thanks to Freeman665);
- Maps 7, 8, 23, 25 - flames review;
- Map 12 - dark tunnel has been shortened (thanks to all players);
- Maps 1, 19 - more lights added (thanks to Iido);
- Maps 14, 18, 33, 37, 39, 40, 43, 45, 62, 63 - tips, guides and other fixes added (big thanks to Iido);
- Many other improvements for all maps.
This update must be applied when you are on maps 10, 34, 50, 53, 54, 57, 59 (or before the walkthrough; or after it).
Version 3.4 - current maps update
- Some textures applying review;
- Some maps review;
- Player fall off algorithm review;
- Setup files set review.
This update must be applied when you are on maps 8, 10, 34, 50, 53, 54, 57, 59 (or before the walkthrough; or after it).
Older updates log you can find here
1. We stopped support of 2.x versions of our mod; 2. You can use our 'plot' articles for troubleshooting
This article contains log of old updates of our mod
There was a critical bug in the mod installation process
Our first mod release. Main setup assembly and basic package for further updates
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Enemies rebalancing, 'enlightenment', tips and guides addition
Full mod assembly with all previous updates. Fixes critical bug and updates installation / update process
Minor updates for some maps; correct update files set
Current mod updates (maps and textures improvements)
ESHQ update package from v 2.x to v 3.0. Fixes critical bug in ESHQInstaller and ESHQUpdater of v 2.x
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.