ESHQ is a mod for Half-Life with its own storyline (not from Half-Life universe). Unknown government spy must steal secret files from the building called 'Evil scientists headquarters'. But his job gonna be a bit more difficult and long in time and space...
ESHQ is an abbreviation that means 'Evil scientists headquarters'. It's name for fake experimental center, used for distraction from the real infrastructure objects.
First of them - 'Bernier city experimental base' complex. Exists independently from city administration and other city buildings. Consists of 5 separated bases and other buildings connected by subsurface transport system.
- 'Base 1' works at aquabiology and same technologies. Has underwater 'garden'. Connected to generic railway.
- 'Base 2' worked with onground fauna. Had own warehouse complex; connected to generic railway. Closed and sealed after unsuccessful experiment.
- 'Base 3' works at weather control. Placed into the Bernier mountain; uses its own transport railways; connected to generic railway and to teleports system. Weather control facility was developed with constructive mistakes. Probably, is a HQ of all complex.
- 'Base 4' works with reality imitation technologies. Has its own missile arsenal and rocket bunker (probably, left by old 'Base 5'). Connected to generic railway and teleport system.
- 'Base 5' works with weapons. Its about 100 km from the city. Has its own tectonic laboratory and surgery complex. Connected to generic onground railway.
- Bernier city secret transport system - complex of railway and teleport hubs and tunnels. Uses teleportation core and own reactor complex.
Second of them - Sampi research complex. Consists of 3 separated sectors and the HQ.
- Onground and subsurface Sampi station - basically, living and storage areas, test sites, etc.
- Deepcave Sampi station - forbidden biological and radiological experiments, teleportation tests, 'living without sun' psychological tests.
- Sampi space station - large complex of space-station-like blocks ('columns') used for 'long staying in space' tests. Has its own very powerful reactor complex, life supporting system, labs complex, etc.
- Sampi headquarters - especial building placed in Border world. Uses its antigravitational materials and heavy-duty constructions. Has its own teleportation and gravity cores, underground city, etc.
Initially all of this didn't concern the protagonist in any way. But fate is unpredictable. And now he need to go through all of this elements of evil...
How to use:
If you haven't installed mod before:
1. Download and unzip 'ESHQ_v_5.rar' (button called 'actual setup assembly');
2. Download and unzip 'ESHQ_update_to_v_5_3.rar' (button called 'actual update package') to the same folder; overwrite matching files;
3. Launch 'ESHQInstaller.exe', setup main mod files;
4. Launch 'ESHQUpdater.exe', setup update files.
If you have already installed mod version 5.0 or newer:
1. Perform step 2 from the previous sequence;
2. Perform step 4 from the previous sequence. If you haven't .pth file (contains mod setup path) or corresponding registry entry required by update module, use MakePth utility to restore it.
1. You needn't to sequentially install all set of updates. Just use actual package that is linked here (f.e., to update from 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2 to 4.3 you need only 4.3 update package). But remember that transitions between major versions (f.e., from 3.x to 4.0) need special update packages (also linked here).
2. If your OS is Windows XP or Windows 7, you will probably need to install Microsoft's DotNetFX40 first. Newer operating systems often contain this version of .NET Framework by default.
3. Don't try to play mod with non-original engine assemblies. Our engine adaptation has specific features and entities; mod will not work properly without it.
Version 5.3 - Some maps review; spin-offs platform implementation
- Maps 8, 9 - more lights added for dark sections of ESSeaLab;
- Maps 9, 10 - more sounds added;
- Map 10 - invasion scene fully reviewed;
- Maps structure, installer and updater modules - spin-offs platform implemented (new mod's stub may be activated in 'Custom game' menu).
This update must be applied when you are on maps 2, 14, 17, 23 - 25, 28, 29, 31, 32, 35, 37, 41, 43, 44, 46, 52 - 54, 60, 63 - 65 (same as v 5.2).
Version 5.2 - Non-critical current updates and improvements for all maps
- Complete maps set review, current updates, fixes and improvements applied;
- Some messages fixes;
- Func_rotating bug fixed:
When you make save while some ventilator doesn't fully stop after turning off, it will turn on after reloading the save
Thanks to Freeman665!
This update must be applied when you are on maps 2, 14, 17, 23 - 25, 28, 29, 31, 32, 35, 37, 41, 43, 44, 46, 52 - 54, 60, 63 - 65.
Version 5.1 - MOD'S PLOT IS COMPLETE!
- Mod's plot is complete, needed maps connections are established;
- Minor fixes apllied;
Note: mod development is still going on. New fixes and solutions will be applied as soon as needed.
This update must not be applied when you are on maps 9, 10, 15, 18, 30, 47, 48, 50, 51, 55 - 59, 61, 62, 67.
Older updates log you can find here
This article contains log of previous updates for our mod
There was a critical bug in the mod installation process
Our first mod release. Main setup assembly and basic package for further updates
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Some maps review; spin-offs platform implementation
ESHQ 5 setup assembly: - Messages system fully updated; - Two new chapters opened; - Current fixes applied
ESHQ 5 update: - Messages system fully updated; - Two new chapters opened; - Current fixes applied
Complete maps review, new interface, new messages subsystem
ESHQ update package from v 2.x to v 3.0. Fixes critical bug in ESHQInstaller and ESHQUpdater of v 2.x
Non-critical current updates and improvements for all maps
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.