ESHQ is a mod for Half-Life with its own storyline (not from Half-Life universe). Unknown government spy must steal secret files from the building called “Evil scientists headquarters”. But his job gonna be a bit more difficult and long in time and space...
ESHQ is an abbreviation that means “Evil scientists headquarters”. This is the name for fake experimental center, used for distraction from the real infrastructure objects:
This organization has an antagonist – the “Sampi research complex”. Probably, the ESHQ was the part of Sampi, but it hasn’t been confirmed. It consists of 3 separated sectors and the headquarters:
Initially all of this didn’t concern the protagonist in any way. But fate is unpredictable. And now he need to go through all of this elements of evil...
Support of all versions older than 11.0 has been stopped on September 1st, 2021
We know about some troubles with our mod. F.e.:
You are free to send bug reports, wishes and recommendations to us
1. Download the DPModule. This tool allows you to download all needed packages and updates for all our mods, including this one. According to Applications development policy (ADP), DPModule is payments-free, ads-free, hidden-functionality-free and completely safe to use.
2. Start DPModule. Confirm your acquaintance with ADP if needed.
3.1. If you haven’t installed mod before or have version older than 10.0, download ESHQ main package from the list of projects. Otherwise, skip this step.
Actual setup assembly version: 11.4
Actual setup assembly PCC: 119C76B57B1685B8
3.2. If you already have (or will have after previous steps) mod version 11.0 or newer, download ESHQ update package.
Actual update package version: 11.6j
Actual update package PCC: 08BF80BB5BD591D4
3.3. Also you now can download localization packages for the mod (the mod is in English by default).
Actual localization package version: 10
Actual EN package PCC: 001D64C5FA97C181
Actual RU package PCC: 001D0D4F26736883
4. Press Next button to perform installation steps in suggested order.
WARNING! It is strongly recommended to preserve offered installation path and to use empty directory for it. Don't install this mod into Steam location or any other mods' placements. This mod is stand-alone!
Download this mod archive, extract it into empty directory and start hl.exe. In this case you must be able to manually check mod updates and installation integrity. Only the archive linked here is the original one!
WARNING! Do not overwrite any other mod’s files or Steam installation - this is a stand-alone mod! Also, this variant cannot protect your save files from becoming incompatible with the version of update!
If you meet some troubles during installation or playing (like “xash.dll not found” or “one or more files are unavailable”), please, check next points first:
If these steps aren’t enough to fix your problem, please, let us know about it
Version 11.7 (preparing) - Current improvements and updates
- Map 42: some placement adjustments on the top of the reactor's core
Version 11.6j - Final updates and fixes for the current cycle
- All maps got extra autosave triggers;
- Some other fixes and improvements applied to maps
Version 11.6 - Complete review based on recommendations of our colleagues
Changes based on the walkthrough performed by Simone Schembri:
- Map eshq21: behavior of the silo’s gate has been simplified;
- Map eshq30: added extra tips;
- Map eshq32: added tip about returning from the garbage shaft;
- Map eshq39: doors in the refugees' camp are now more visible;
- Map eshq46: the way behind pipes is now more visible;
- Map eshq46: added the “dead end” trigger under the hangar’s roof;
- Map eshq50: the way to the jail is now more visible.
Changes based on Levi750496's recommendations (the last part):
- Map eshq58: weapon placement in the flooded tunnel is more visible now;
- Map eshq59: map has been rebalanced.
- Map eshq19: water tube has been properly detailed;
- Map eshq23: removed the laser trap;
- Map eshq56: rails are now more “smooth”;
- Map eshq65: rotors area now works properly;
- Engine: squeaks now die faster and make less noise;
- Maps 1 - 19 got extra autosave triggers (thanks to Qwertyus)
Older updates log you can find here
As you remember, we're now working on new voice acting for ESHQ. And we invite everyone who wants to be a part of its story to do this together!
Unexpected but good news came from the user DarkShift. He is a fan of Half-Life and has extensive experience in recording video walkthroughs for mods...
This walkthrough has been done by Simone Schembri. It provides the completely new look for mod's locations and events...
Player can start the mod from maps described in this article. These maps contain correct entrances for the generic mod’s plot...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Final fixes and improvements for the current update cycle
Complete mod assembly with the latest fixes and improvements from the current update cycle
This file contains descriptions for all changes applied to our mod ever
English localization package for ESHQ mod (for recover purposes)
Complete deployment package for ESHQ mod version 11.4
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.