ESHQ is a mod for Half-Life with its own storyline (not from Half-Life universe). Unknown government spy must steal secret files from the building called 'Evil scientists headquarters'. But his job gonna be a bit more difficult and long in time and space...
ESHQ is an abbreviation that means 'Evil scientists headquarters'. It's name for fake experimental center, used for distraction from the real infrastructure objects.
First of them - 'Bernier city experimental base' complex. Exists independently from city administration and other city buildings. Consists of 5 separated bases and other buildings connected by subsurface transport system.
- 'Base 1' works at aquabiology and same technologies. Has underwater 'garden'. Connected to generic railway.
- 'Base 2' worked with onground fauna. Had own warehouse complex; connected to generic railway. Closed and sealed after unsuccessful experiment.
- 'Base 3' works at weather control. Placed into the Bernier mountain; uses its own transport railways; connected to generic railway and to teleports system. Weather control facility was developed with constructive mistakes. Probably, is a HQ of all complex.
- 'Base 4' works with reality imitation technologies. Has its own missile arsenal and rocket bunker (probably, left by old 'Base 5'). Connected to generic railway and teleport system.
- 'Base 5' works with weapons. Its about 100 km from the city. Has its own tectonic laboratory and surgery complex. Connected to generic onground railway.
- Bernier city secret transport system - complex of railway and teleport hubs and tunnels. Uses teleportation core and own reactor complex.
Second of them - Sampi research complex. Consists of 3 separated sectors and the HQ.
- Onground and subsurface Sampi station - basically, living and storage areas, test sites, etc.
- Deepcave Sampi station - forbidden biological and radiological experiments, teleportation tests, 'living without sun' psychological tests.
- Sampi space station - large complex of space-station-like blocks ('columns') used for 'long staying in space' tests. Has its own very powerful reactor complex, life supporting system, labs complex, etc.
- Sampi headquarters - especial building placed in Border world. Uses its antigravitational materials and heavy-duty constructions. Has its own teleportation and gravity cores, underground city, etc.
Initially all of this didn't concern the protagonist in any way. But fate is unpredictable. And now he need to go through all of this elements of evil...
How to use:
If you haven't installed mod before:
1. Download and unzip 'ESHQ_v_4_0.rar' (button called 'actual setup assembly');
2. Download and unzip 'ESHQ_update_to_v_4_4.rar' (button called 'actual update package') to the same folder; overwrite matching files;
3. Launch 'ESHQInstaller.exe', setup main mod files;
4. Launch 'ESHQUpdater.exe', setup update files.
If you have already installed mod version 4.0 or newer:
1. Perform step 2 from the previous sequence;
2. Perform step 4 from the previous sequence. If you haven't .pth file (contains mod setup path) or corresponding registry entry required by update module, use MakePth utility to restore it.
1. You needn't to sequentially install all set of updates. Just use actual package that is linked here (f.e., to update from 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2 to 4.3 you need only 4.3 update package). But remember that transitions between major versions (f.e., from 3.x to 4.0) need special update packages (also linked here).
2. If your OS is Windows XP or Windows 7, you will probably need to install Microsoft's DotNetFX40 first. Newer operating systems often contain this version of .NET Framework by default.
3. Don't try to play mod with non-original engine assemblies. Our engine adaptation has specific features and entities; mod will not work properly without it.
Version 4.4 - minor update for maps and engine
- Logo video added to the mod and to setup / update modules; in the mod it's not active (just placed to 'media' folder) because it's really boooooring to view logo at the beginning of the game; in setup / update modules it can be skipped by keyboard (any key) or by mouse click;
Our video logo is a hard-coded sequence of drawing operations for expanded monocolour window. You can see, how it's work, here
- Some minor updates applied to engine - now it has 12 different or partially different materials sound (weapon hit + step):
'C' - concrete (analog of empty record; default)
'M' - metal
'G' - grate (new sound)
'V' - ventillation
'D' - dirt (new sound)
'T' - tile
'S' - slosh liquid
'W' - wood (new sound)
'P' - computer
'R' - rubber (new material)
'Y' - glass (new step sound)
'N' - snow (new material)
- Some minor updates applied to maps and textures.
This update must not be applied when you are on maps 8, 9, 13 - 15, 17, 18, 21, 24 - 28, 30, 33 - 35, 37, 39 - 41, 43, 46, 48 - 51, 55, 59 - 64.
Version 4.3 - allows player to start game not only from the beginning
- Maps 1, 8, 15, 33, 39, 49 - player can start mod from these maps, using 'map eshqXX' command, where XX - number of the map. These maps contain correct entrances for generic mod's plot. Other maps cannot be started properly (without 'noclip', 'give' and other commands). We think, this feature will simplify full mod update when save files cannot be rescued;
Map 1 - the beginning
Map 8 - start from the ESSeaLab (after destroying ESHQ complex);
Map 15 - start from 'Base 5' entrance;
Map 33 - start from the topside of 'Base 1' (after the treachery scene);
Map 39 - start from refugees camp (after the Bernier city's collapse);
Map 49 - start from Oakwood RC (after the Sampi base's crash)
- Maps 24, 33, 61 - 63 - minor improvements. Fourth ending is in development and is still locked. There is no (correct) way for now to get through the vent gate in the hall after getting the gravicore. Don't waste your efforts to find it. Anyway, for now it's like an Easter Egg. You can see it with 'noclip' command.
This update must not be applied when you are on maps 8, 9, 13 - 15, 17, 18, 21, 24 - 28, 30, 33 - 35, 37, 39 - 41, 43, 46, 48 - 51, 55, 59, 61 - 63.
Version 4.2 - interface update, sounds and sky update, current maps update
- Map 48 - 'chase' added;
- Map 55 - chapter name and connected labels changed;
- Maps 49, 51 - Oakwood laboratory updated;
- Maps 41, 43, 46, 50, 59 - current updates applied;
- Some textures, sounds, sky and interface improvements applied;
- Installation and update modules - links to mod's page now work properly.
This update must not be applied when you are on maps 9, 13 - 15, 17, 18, 21, 25 - 28, 30, 34, 35, 37, 39 - 41, 43, 46, 48 - 51, 55, 59.
Older updates log you can find here
Here you can see news about our mod that aren't directly connected with its content
This article contains log of old updates of our mod
There was a critical bug in the mod installation process
Our first mod release. Main setup assembly and basic package for further updates
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
v 4.4 - minor update for maps, engine and mod's logo
ESHQ update package from v 2.x to v 3.0. Fixes critical bug in ESHQInstaller and ESHQUpdater of v 2.x
Complete maps review, new interface, new messages subsystem
Complete maps review, new interface, new messages subsystem
This update allows player to start game not only from the beginning
Interface update, current maps update, sky updates, sound update
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.