The MOD Deus Ex Mankind Divided: Hardcore Revival aims at improving the gameplay of Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Some features of this mod : - Some augmentations activated by default are now disabled by default. - The objects' price, size and stacking have been changed. - The xp rewards amounts have been changed.
Here is what the Hardcore Revival Mod for Deus Ex Mankind Divided changes when it comes to the gameplay:
I) The Augmentations :
- The numbers of praxis kits necessary to activate Adam Jensen's augmentations have been changed (Basicallym most augmentations now require more praxis kits to be enabled so at the end of the game, the player will be more specialized).
- The Health Regeneration upgrade is now disabled by default but it can be enabled with Praxis kits after Koller resets Jensen's system (So, after the Dubai intro).
- The radar augmentation is also disabled by default but can be enabled with Praxis kits (Again, after Jensen's visit to Koller).
- The Stealth Avatar augmentation is now disabled by defaut so if the player is detected and manages to hide himself, there will be no image of his last known position displayed on his field of view... unless of course, he activates this augmentation (Like the 2 others augmentations above, following Jensen's visit to Koller).
- The Rebreather augmentation now doesn't consume energy at all (So it is just like in Deus Ex Human Revolution). Now when this augmentation is enabled, the player can stay indefinitively in an area where there is gas : He isn't limited by his level of energy).
II) The ITEMS :
- The items' size and how many copies of the same items can be stacked have been changed.
For example, now weapons use more space in Adam Jensen's inventory, so he doesn't carry them all in the same time. It forces the player to choose 2 or 3 weapons. The goal here is to make every party unique and increases the game's replayability.
- And that's not all : The items' stacking values have also been changed : With the version 1.01, the player can carry way more items than before. For example up to 500 ammos of the same type (including EMP ammos) can be stacked in the same cells. The goal here is to make the player to not loose too many time at managing his inventory.
- Also, the price of most items have been changed so it is more difficult for the player to become rich too easily.
- In additions, the effects of some items have been changed too : Biocells, painkillers, hypo stimjector and beverages grant less energy and health points (So the player has to consume more of them, which prevent him to accumulate too much of them).
- And now a funny side of the mod : The blurred vision effect when the player drinks a beverage now lasts only 2 or 3 seconds maximum (instead of 30 seconds originally). Yeah, you read that right : Now Jensen is finally resistant to alcohol (It made no sense that the player could become resistant to concussion grenades, gas or smoke and have 30 seconds side effects when he was drinking some consumable items. The mod fixes this ;)
- And now, one of the most important change : The base stats and the upgraded stats of the weapons have been changed to improve the gameplay and correspond to their written characteristics : For example now, the revolvers upgraded at their maximum can now carry only 7 bullets (and not 14, which was unrealistic). Another example, the Côte d'Azur combat rifle which was mostly an useless weapon is now a powerful weapon (hard to get, has little ammo, but it fun to play with now). The changes include the bonus/malus granted by the weapon mods such as the scopes, laser sights, silencer and customization with spare parts (And when it comes spare parts costs, the best customizations require lots of them now).
NB : I took a lots of time tweaking the weapons and testing values to make it sure it doesn't break the gameplay. So the changes are subtles but noticeable, especially when the weapons are upgraded at maximum. And of course, the DLC weapons have been modded as well :)
III) The XPs rewards :
The Xp rewards for some actions (like exploring, low-level hacking, remote hacking or knocking out enemies rather than killing them, ect...) have been nerfed as this incitated too much the player to play stealthly, to not use lethal force and to explore everything even after having cleared the area if he wanted to get the maximum number of XP points.
And as contrary, to rewards players : The rewards for completing main and secondary missions, to find notebooks and to do actions which require personnalized skills (like hacking a level 5 computers for example) have been increased.
Also, now you can tell what you want during conversation battles : The rewards are the same : 1000 eXperience points. The only things which change are how the characters react to your speech, what they tell you and what they give you (But often in that case, there is another way to get the item)... And this means : If you want to be a "jackass" like JC Denton in Deus Ex 1, now you can, without any xp penalties :D).
IV) Ressources for modders.
Since some of my mod may not suits everybody (Well, tastes...), here are some tutorials I made so you can create your own mods for Deus Ex Mankind Divided (Note: The tutorials list will be updated little by little).
Tutorial 1: How to mod the XP rewards : Youtu.be
Tutorial 2 : How to change how much space the objects use in Adam Jensen's inventory : Youtu.be
Tutorial 3 : Can the items be stacked or not in the inventory ? And how many copies of the same item can be stacked : Youtu.be
Tutorial 4 : How to change the items price in DX Mankind Divided : Youtu.be
Tutorial 5 : How to mod the weapon's base magazine in Deus Ex Mankind Divided : Youtu.be
Tutorial 6 : How to mod the number of praxis kits an augmentation needs to be unlocked : Youtu.be
Tutorial 7 : How to mod the weapons stats : Youtu.be
Tutorial 8 : How to mod the ammo capacity upgrades for the weapons : Youtu.be
Tutorial 9 : How to enable or disable augmentations and upgrades by default : Youtu.be
Tutorial 10 : How to mod the special EMP ammos (how they can stack, their price, ect...) : : Youtu.be
Other tutorials can be found on the Youtube.com channel.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.