ATTENTION! THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPOSED TO PROMOTE ANY IDEOLOGY! | This is the newest version of the Axis Player mod for Call of Duty: World at War. The idea...
ATTENTION! THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPOSED TO PROMOTE ANY IDEOLOGY! | This is the newest version of the Axis Player mod for Call of Duty: World at War. The idea of the mod is to change all Allied forces (Americans and Russians) into Axis forces (Germans and Japanese) and vice versa in order to reverse the campaign. I would like to point out that I was not able to change everything, I may patch the mod again in the future. I hope everyone can understand that and still have some fun. It was tested in single-player, co-op and zombies and all game modes work - the crashes were rare, it should work just fine in most cases. Please check out the 'Special thanks to' section as well to see all the wonderful people that helped me! | ATTENTION! It is possible to get a multiplayer ban for using the modified binaries - thanks to CptWesley for the info.
Installation (for both the Steam version and the DVD version with the latest patch - 1.7):
ATTENTION! Since a lot of people often asked me how to install the mod, ignoring the installation instructions, please focus during the installation process since I am tired of such questions. It is really not that hard. It is recommended to use the standard English version of WaW.
1. Go to ***YOUR HARD DRIVE NAME***\Steam\SteamApps\Common (if you have the Steam version) or to ***YOUR HARD DRIVE NAME***\Activision (if you have the DVD version with the latest patch - 1.7).
2. Put the 'Call of Duty World at War' folder in the 'Common' folder and let it overwrite (if you have the Steam version) or put the 'Call of Duty - World at War' folder in the 'Activision' folder and let it overwrite (if you have the DVD version with the latest patch - 1.7).
3. Go to C:\Users\***YOUR USERNAME***\AppData\Local (this step is the same for both the Steam version and the DVD version with the latest patch - 1.7) [you may have to turn on hidden folders in order to see the 'AppData' folder - in order to find out how to do that turn on your Internet browser and type 'How to show hidden folders on Windows ***' where '***' is the name of your system].
4. Put the 'Activision' folder in the 'Local' folder (this step is the same for both the Steam version and the DVD version with the latest patch - 1.7).
5. Launch the game.
6. Go to 'Options & controls' and change the following things:
- go to 'Graphics' and set 'Specular map' to 'No'
- go to 'Texture settings' and set 'Normal map resolution' to 'High'
- after that set 'Specular map resolution' to 'Low'
- go to 'Game options' and set 'Subtitles' to 'No'
7. Go to 'Mods' and turn on the 'Axis Player Expanded Edition 1.4' mod.
8. Finally, you can play the game and enjoy the mod! If you did everything correctly, that is.
ATTENTION! Due to the sheer size of the mod it might crash while loading a mission. Minimizing the game might also cause a crash. Please launch the game again and try to play with the mod once more if that happens.
Special thanks to [in alphabetical order]:
- AFGuidesHD for giving me a copy of CoD: WaW on Steam and for promoting the mod in his YouTube videos
- Balwur for his help with testing co-op and zombies
- Brndon Lu for making me cringe
- Broadus [author of the original Axis Player for CoD2] for the scripts [names and weapons]
- CptWesley for the original CoD: WaW Axis Player and for teaching me how to change the beginning texts and mission objectives
- DidUKnowIPwn for his 'WaW Mod: T4M (r45)' [https://ugx-mods.com/forum/mods-releases/61/world-at-war-modification-t4m-r45/8092] - without it this mod would not work at all
- FeReise for the textures [Volkssturm armband and Victory Banner]
- Ferry for the textures [Heer and Waffen-SS]
- GICombat for an updated 'd3d9.dll' file [brings back the intro] and for teaching me how to change main menu texts, make weapon sounds work and make weapons blow off limbs
- Jalali Jawadi for his help with testing co-op and zombies
- Kita for the Japanese translations
- MCh2207Cz for the textures [Fallschirmjäger]
- Nomeniny for the textures [USMC Honor Guard]
- Sabet Siddiqi for his help with testing co-op and zombies
- SpecterChannel for making me cringe
- Warrior300 for teaching me how to how to change the tanks [as well as other models] and how to make a proper 'mod.csv' file
- War_Crimes for the textures [Panzer IV]
- Wombat50 for the textures [US Type 94 truck, Russian Horch 1a, Russian Sd.Kfz.251, Russian Opel Blitz, Japanese PBY and US Zero]
- VenomGJ for allowing me to use his 'Call of Duty 3 German Military' mod [https://gamebanana.com/mods/239814]
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.