Project leader and creator of Star Wars: Interregnum and the Enhanced 4X mod.
No problem, glad you got it figured out!
The dev mode should only really be used if you're testing or making a mod, not for playing. I'm not surprised you are noticing improved performance.
It looks like you are either running the game in the developer.exe, or your settings file is somehow set up to show warnings (neither of those things should have happened by default). Those popups should not appear in normal play.
If you are using the regular game and not the dev tool, please go to the "Setting" folder in the same folder as your mod folder. Then find the "rebellion.user.setting" file and open it in notepad. The find the line "ShowErrors" and make sure it says "ShowErrors FALSE".
Alternatively, you can delete the rebellion.user.setting file to reset the game to the default settings.
I'm afraid I've never read them, but I am open to other developers using E4X as a base for their work under certain conditions.
A few planets have lights built in, others do not. A lot of the planets used in E4X/Interregnum were originally made by Axeldude for his Infinite Space mod and he generally did not put city lights on the planet textures.
1. That is correct. The problem was that unlike culture and refineries, there was no diminishing returns to building trade ports in vanilla Sins. Since you cannot spam starbase quite like you do trade ports, they did not need to be affected to adjust this problem.
2. The trade reduction applies to all trade income from the planet, so normal trade ports will slightly reduce the starbase trade income. The idea is that no matter how many trade ports you have, the planet only has so many goods to trade, so multiple trade ports will have lower profits from increased competition.
That situation is exactly what the trade penalty was meant to address. In vanilla Sins you have no reason not to spam 10 trade ports at a desert planet, as long as you have your research labs and shipbuilding centers safe else where. In E4X you have to put a bit more thought into where you build your civic structures.
The penalty is small enough that each trade port will increase your overall trade income, but each one you build will also reduce how efficient each trade port is.
3. The initial goal of the Enhanced 4X Mod was to improve the non-combat mechanics of the game. That meant making culture and refineries as relevant as trade ports for your economy. The trade bonus to refineries was one step to buff them, the idea that refineries would create more manufactured goods that your trade ports can then sell at other planets. E4X also gave a global increase of 25% to refinery income, so they are much better at producing resource income than vanilla as well.
So yes unlike vanilla since you should think about using trade ports and learn when best to use them. Normally that's at planets that have a lot of resource asteroids in them and in adjacent planets.
TIE Defenders already have missiles as well as ion cannons, so it certainly still outclasses them in firepower at least. However Defenders are anatimatter expensive and limited to very few units to carry them. X-wings are comparatively cheap and widely available, so its not difficult to make this a huge boost to the Rebels without messing up the relative balance of power between fighters.
BigBantha did a few standard bug fixes mentioned in the readme file, as well as tons of minor UI/icon and text issues from the mod and in the original game. It is really too much to list out everything he fixed, best I can do is link to the github were you can look at all his commits. Github.com
As usual, the minimods will be updated to the newest release hopefully sometime next week. Many of the old minimods may continue to work with the new version, but others may not. As always, use at your own risk.
I won't attempt to guess what is chasing the Vasari, however for Interregnum it is a moot point as the Sins races have escaped whatever it is by going to the Star Wars universe. xD
Of course as a Sins fan I eagerly await Sins 2 anyways.
Most commonly yes, but they have been shown in plenty of games to be able to use other weapons, such as in the X-wing series for example. For gameplay purposes we gave all warhead firing Imperial units concussion missiles and Alliance units Proton Torpedoes, so that they'd only need one type of research for such units.
Also works out better for the A-wings here since Proton Torpedoes have a passive 10% to bypass shields.
Well you're in luck, we have finally found and fixed that bug and an update should be out soon (possibly today) that will fix it. :-D
This mod is intended to be used with the latest version of Sins of a Solar Empire rebellion.
If the checksum does not match 156995455, then you may have the wrong mod order (Make sure you have Interregnum enabled above the Enhanced 4X Mod), or perhaps have another mod enabled that is causing problems.
That tech is just meant to ensure you can have a fleet just as big as you could in Vanilla Sins, plus the hero units. In theory some people might be upset they can't have 16 Kol battleships and their hero units. :-)
There is no easy way to do this short of editing the mod files in the player.entity files. It's not a hard edit per say bit it is a bit more than just changing one line in plain text file.
Soon we will release a new update that will have a new minimod that can remove heroes entirely, including that research. But they you lose the heroes as well.
FYI, the Vasari get a tech that gives them extra fleet supply without an upkeep increase, so it's not entirely unprecedented.
More help can always be used, PM me if you're still interested with anything you may like to do. :-)
What is your checksum on the mod tab? Check this post for some common issues and solutions. Moddb.com
Technically Rebels changed it from an Asteroid to a planet first. And in this case I think this version of Kessel is far more interesting than just an Asteroid. Honestly the old version of Kessel wouldn't have been a special planet in this mod because it would be identical to an Asteroid with a trade planet bonus.
1. Nothing about the Viscount is finalized yet, but it will almost certainly have the same 250 fleet supply and thus similar relative power to the Executor.
2. The Acclamator is extremely expensive though as it is the Empire siege frigate. Unlike other factions siege frigates it has some decent anti-ship weaponry, so they can be used as supplements to your fleet early game, but you quickly get more efficient alternatives. Nebulon-Bs on the other hand are much cheaper and are technically support criusers. No other faction gets a support cruiser at tier 1. I could see maybe dropping the research entirely for the Rebels but I'd like to see how the New Republic early game plays out with the ship research locked.
3. No. There is absolutely no way we could balance that other than having all titans be nerfed to just slightly better capitalships. The Empire already has that with their Allegiance flagship heroes.
4. It is post Endor, but only by a year and a half. For the Mon Calamari ships, the MC80B is notable as being the last civilian refit design, while the MC90 is the first large scale purpose built warship. Given that there are already so many New Republic only capitalships later than that, I think it makes sense to have the MC80B be the last Rebel Capitalship by age.
5. The New Republic already has no shortage of large cruiser/frigate sized ships, and the Bothan Assault Cruiser was meant to fill a similar role to the Victory class Star Destroyer, which is a capitalship in this mod. The Rebel Alliance only gets 1 from a hero unit, which I think is not unreasonable, though it has been discussed that Kre'fey might be moved to a New Republic only hero and the Rebels given someone else.
I am afraid that is not really feasible in the Sins game engine. As far as I know other mods have not done it either.
Oops meant to put a emoticon at the end there. Sorry if that came across as rude.
But no, the mod is not dead. Expect a new update by the end of the month. ☺️
Why would it be dead? I posted a new article and two new screenshots hinting at a new update in the last week.
That's what I was thinking too, and honestly that's basically how our model handles it. But then unlike TIE Fighters that were meant to be stacked, the X-wings entrance hatch would be a bit awkward in that way.
What is your checksum/mod order? It sounds like the mod is not installed/applied correctly.
See this guide for some common steps and issues, as well as a step by step video.
The pacts have not really been touched for Interregnum yet. I believe just standard lasers for the Star Wars factions for the pact.
Yes, all of those are energy weapons.
For the most part its side weapons. A few might have multi-bank targeting like the Raider corvette, but the research explicitly say and affect Starbase or Capitalships.
This is definitely a Legends inspired mod, but if some new material fills in some gaps we may borrow some ideas from it.
Which movie are we talking about?
It will be. :-)
For the Vasari Loyalists/VCC, that upgrade should still be there. It may have been shuffled around to a new position.
The New Republic will be released on update Beta 1.0 (As all factions are now in the mod). The Eclipse will either be released then or possibly on version 1.0 (Official full release version).
Yes, hopefully a quality of life update this month.
I think it's a safe bet that it will use as much supply as an Executor. And no, since the Eclipse will not be a "normal" titan and may not be present in all games.