Project leader and creator of Star Wars: Interregnum and the Enhanced 4X mod.
I would like to change the Rebel Providence to use the Rebel One model one day, but it is not a big priority right now.
They do have different fighters. The Venator's ultimate ability also spawns different fighters. There are no current plans to make the Venator any different.
It's possible the Rebel Providence will use a different model someday, but there are no changes planned soon.
There will absolutely be more! The last update almost did one focused on Kessel, but I didn't want to delay the update just for that.
2. Surely a dummy tech would be even more confusing? Light frigate abilities for all the other factions work the same way without a dummy tech.
6. To be honest I'm thinking about changing that tech for other reasons, so we'll see.
According to the Anaxes War College System, Star Battlecruisers are between 2-5km in length. This is sort of an awkward scale for Sins, since 2km is really too big for a standard capitalship, while only ships on the higher end of the scale can be considered for titans. And even then, if available Star Dreadnaughts can only be used for titans.
Technically the enlarged Home One in this mod (and EaW) falls in this category, but yes I generally do want to add Star Battlecruisers due to the scaling.
Unlike many other games like say Skyrim, Sins doesn't really have "Must Have" mods. Sadly mods do not easily combine with each other, so Sins has a few large independent ecosystems of large, popular mods (many of them total conversions) that cannot be used with each other.
This mod has one of the larger and most customizeable "Ecosystems" however. You can greatly customize your gameplay experience/settings with over a dozen "minimods" that do things like disable superweapons, reset titan levels, or increase how much research you can do. Moddb.com
There is also Star Wars: Interregnum, a mod that adds new factions from a Galaxy Far, Far Away while keeping all the great improvements E4X makes. Moddb.com
Mods that might still work with these are going to probably be simple graphics or sound replacements. Bailknights Graphics mod I've heard has a mod friendly version if you want different weapon effects.
5. The building always shows in the UI, but is unobtainable unless you enable the minimod. I believe it says that in the description.
1. Again the Empire has a very grey aesthetic, and all of those images are taken from Star Wars media. In some cases I even upped the saturation, but 50% more color when there is no color to begin is still not much.
2. It would be the wrong section if there was a prerequisite of researching the Carrack. The Carrack does not require research however, and I don't think its unreasonable to call this ability and "Auxiliary System" (at the least it targets auxiliary systems).
3. Your screenshots includes the Tector which does have an extra "T" added to the icon. We may end up doing this to the other Imperial capitalships that do not already have them.
4. Again Imperial ships are larger and more powerful than average, and have costs to match. All stats were allocated on a per fleet supply average. Like say the Protoss they will do the same job with fewer ships. You may just need to mentally adjust yourself that you do not need to build as many units with the GE. Many players really like the current version of the GE precisely for many of the "issues" you are mentioning, it may just be they are not a good faction for your play style.
6. The idea is that rather than invest in 4-5 military labs to get a technologically inferior (but tanky), the player can invest in 2 military and 2 civic labs to get Dreadnaught heavy cruisers. Similar labs, but for a more balanced playstyle easier to acquire. There is indeed no cross tree UI, but this is already a president in vanilla Sins (Starbase Trade Upgrades).
7. I'm not sure what you're saying.
1. Personally I do not think they look bad at all.
3. I understand it's maybe not ideal at all, but the Empire has a very grey aesthetic. Blue is the other color they are commonly associated width but as I said before that is already taken.
4. Sadly Sins for some reason uses the length of the title (Ship/Tech name etc) for deciding the size of the infocard text. That means if the title is too long the entire thing will be too long. You have to report each individual instance to fix it, and in some cases we run the risk of not being able to really explain what the thing is without going out of bounds.
5. That is a feature of the "non-Vasari Phase Gate minimod". It is not available if you do not use that minimod.
6. The Carrack probably beats any other light frigate 1v1. Almost all the Imperial ships are larger than most other factions and they have fleet supply to match.
7. This is by design. The Victory-I is a master at everything related to planets, and lacks utility in space combat. It is a strategic choice if you wish to take advantage of that level of specialization or not.
They should all still run, but I haven't had time to fully test them all. It might just be Beskar that is missing some of the new text.
There was an update to Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion a few weeks after this post that changed the main menu. As a result, all mods that changed the main menu had to be updated. You can find the updated version here. Moddb.com
No, this mod is set a bit after the original trilogy. Clone Wars era ships including the Providence however are in the mod.
You need to use it with the included Enhanced 4X mod. Moddb.com
1. Not UI wise, I imagine the vanilla races would continue to use the crystals their technology was based on. But there are some Interregnum only changes for vanilla races that reflect them adapting to their now lives in the Star Wars universe, and there are more changes planned.
2. Those bonuses all come from the Infinite Space mod, which also added many of the planet textures used by the mod. They all add population as the extra resources creates more jobs in the planetary economy. The icon may change but I doubt they will all get a unique icon.
4. That should not happen, can you tell me what map it occurred on?
6. Red, blue, green, and yellow icons were already taken.
7. Sadly it is hard for me to test every possible resolution for the UI, but I'll double check 1366x768.
8. There are no plans for any new non-Star Wars races.
9. Strange, I've been getting a lot of compliments over how useful marking the new E4X techs with that overlay has been. I would say marking them is exactly the point!
If you are getting a crash in the same spot after reloading from an autosave, please send me the save via Private Message so I can take a look at it.
I find it rather surprising that a mod could cause a crash with a keyboard button press. The mod does not add any new keyboard events or hotkeys or anything like that. I will try it next time I get a chance with the Disable Heroes I guess though.
It sounds like the mod may not have been installed correctly. Can you go to the mods tab of the options from the main menu and verify your checksum is 37267582.
Yes, all mines have been changed to do damage over time instead of explode. This was done for several reason.
A. Mines are annoying to rebuild for the defender, now they must be actively removed, not just set off by a suicidal corvette.
B. For the attacker, accidentally getting 5 meters too close to a mine no longer sets it off and does immediate massive damage.
C. Most importantly, we could greatly reduce the number of mines needed in the mod,most planets now only support 10 mines instead of 150. This improves performance.
If you want to go back to exploding mines, there is an optional minimod that does that.
If they do not have any siege frigates (Acclamators) or capitalships that may happen.
Just played a 3 hour game and I did not notice any missing buttons. Can you post a screenshot? Do you have the GoG or Steam version?
Beskar will have some missing text but they should all work. Tomorrow I should get a small update for them out.
They should, though there was an issue with the INT Deathmatch minimod I'll be uploading a fix for shortly.
Edit: Looks like Beskar might give some string errors but it should still be playable.
IIRC the AI in Sins has always not been great about keeping ships firing at maximumum range. Especially if you have them in fleets. I suppose the recent change to let them fire at ships could have done something behind the scenes, I'll try to look into it.
It's caused by the new Sins 1.92 update. I have heard you can hit "Enter" however to get into the single player menu.
Well if you run into any more issues where you think you lost unfairly, send me a PM or make a forum post with a screenshot with the fleet numbers so I can better understand just what is going on.
They are not. The tricky thing with the Advent is how well their fleets support each other, as well as if they are getting their strong culture buffs. I'd need to see a screenshot with the fleet compositions to say what happened.
No, I have had no reports of that. I stress test about 3 hours on a 10 player map with almost all minimods active too.
Follow the steps here about sending in a save if you can duplicate the crashes, and reducing your ship/planet/structure detail settings otherwise. Moddb.com