Telefrag VR is a hellishly fast-paced shooter with visceral movement and combat mechanics. Dash, shoot, and teleport around unique arenas that feature impossible geometry where there is no right side up and death can come from any direction. You’d better bring your A game and telefrag your enemies into oblivion if you want to excel in PvP duels.
Set in an alternative universe where the Roman Empire never collapsed, you step into the shoes of a new breed of a gladiator on the road to becoming a champion. Use your speed, accuracy, and wits to outmaneuver and defeat your enemies, crushing them beneath your feet.
The Empire has never forgotten about their beliefs and traditions, including gladiatorial battles, which have now become the most prestigious sport in the sprawling intergalactic Empire. You can play 1v1 deathmatches in a best-of-five rounds format to determine the ultimate victor. As for futuristic gladiators, there is no place for losers. Wager your hard-earned loadouts and try to stay alive for as many matches as possible to make your mark in the global leaderboards.
PvP matches will require a good knowledge of the arenas in addition to creative use of dashes and teleports to gain the upper hand in combat. But these abilities are for more than just defense and evasion – after all, the game is called Telefrag. Tired of shooting or in the middle of reloading? No problem, teleport through your enemies to watch as they’re reduced to a pulp. The game’s abstract arenas will test your skills. Move dynamically through the designed maps and don't stay in one place under any circumstances.
Block incoming shots with an energy shield and shoot your opponents with a range of firearms, from the staples of the genre to new, unique entries. But if you’re going to outwit your enemies, you’ll need to choose your loadouts carefully! Some may work better against your opponent than others. Each weapon also has a unique, built-in teleportation attack that is more than just a means of locomotion.
Gladiators, the wait is over!
Telefrag VR is now available on Steam, Oculus, and PlayStation VR. Make sure you have what it takes to become a space gladiator. Prepare your VR headset and one of the supported controllers (from Touch Controllers to 3dRudder and PS Aim (coming soon)!) In case if you still wonder, here's the new Telefrag VR Launch Trailer. Check it out! :)
Compete on 5 unique arenas: The Fallen Champion, The Mobius Villa, The Lazarus Grotto, The Imperial Shipyard and The Six Leagues Under. Each of them will give you a completely different experience, but above all, many challenges. We put in your hands a full arsenal of destruction, inspired by the legendary tools of extermination from the classic 90's FPS games: Particle Cannon, Laser Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Flak Cannon, Rocket Launcher. Pick the best loadouts, conquer the enemies, and finally make a name for yourself - The Champion.
For those who are not following our news, here's the short brief, what are the core features of the game.
Telefrag VR is set in an alternative universe where the Roman Empire never collapsed and instead consolidated its power on earth and continued to expand into outer space. The conquering of new systems and races, and development of new technologies ushered in a new era of gladiator battles.
• Loadout Management – Players have a chance to utilize different loadouts, each containing two weapons. Every weapon features two firing modes and a unique teleportation attack.
• Teleport Attacks and Telefrags – Teleporting allows players’ contact weapons to inflict “Melee Damage” as they shift from one point of the arena to the next, adding an extra layer to the standard teleport mechanic used in VR.
• Guns – Projectile weapons inflict “Ranged Damage” upon the target. The game features well-known classic arena shooter weapons.
• Fast-Paced matches – You have two different locomotion types at your disposal. Get comfortable with dash movement or experience, why gladiatorial battles are reserved for the most persistent ones in the free locomotion.
• Impossible Spaces – Walkable surfaces can be placed regardless of gravity, allowing the player to travel on any designated surface regardless of its rotation and position relative to the “real” floor. This enables multiple angles of attacks and passages through play space, and as a result a fresh take on competitive level design.
• Arena Game Mode – A 1v1 gameplay mode where the player enters an arena with 5 weapons ready to pick. Choose two of them to compose the best loadout. We put in your hands (both hands actually) a full arsenal of destruction, inspired by the legendary tools of extermination from the classic 90's FPS games.
In case of any problems with the game, feel free to contact us, using Steam forum or our Discord channel. We'll try to investigate the incoming bug reports as soon as possible. Also, make sure that you're on the loop, 'cause our team is ready to rock with you on Telefrag VR arenas! You will find all the details on Discord.
In behalf of the whole Telefrag VR Team, we hope that Telefrag VR succesfully inject some classic arena shooters vibe to the virtual reality. Let's Get to Fraggin'!
Telefrag VR’s arenas will open their gates on July 19, 2019, simultaneously on Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PlayStation VR!
We're revealing more details about the 5th map in the game - The Six Leagues Under.
We're introducing the new weapon in Telefrag VR. Check out The Particle Cannon!
We're revealing more details about the upcoming arena - The Imperial Shipyard.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.