Well, it's been some 7 or so months of hard work put into this thing, but it's finally out.
Go ahead and download QC: Doom Edition
You'll need either Zandronum 3.0 (Single and multiplayer) or Gzdoom (Single player only).
Installation is easy as pie. Install the engine and then uncompress the QCDE zip files in the same folder. From there, just run the .bat files to start playing.
You can also download the QCDE soundtrack to play along! nothing like some really rocking tunes!
Remember that for Deathmatch, we have two mapsets dedicated for QCDE with strategic quake-like item placement (as opposed to doom's "weapons in every corner").
Get AeonQCDE: A modified AeonDM with it's 33 maps:
And QCDEmaps: 7 maps with remakes of some Quake Champions, Doom 2016 and even a Quake 3 maps
If you want to run a custom Single Player mapset, just drag and drop the .wad into the "single player" .bat and it'll just work ;)
"But what mapsets to try?" you may ask. Well, here's some recommendations from the QC:DE team.
- Whispers of Satan: Doomworld.com
- Back to Saturn X: Moddb.com
- Hell on the Earth (requires OpenGL rendererer): Moddb.com
- Scythe 2 (Old and Difficult):
- Ancient Aliens (Difficult-ish): Doomworld.com
- Sunlust (Difficult!): Doomworld.com
- Jenesis (Difficult-ish): Doomworld.com
- Stardate 20x6 (Difficult): Doomworld.com
- Going down (Small tight levels but awesomely themed): Doomworld.com
And really, a ton more. You can browse in this (oooold interface) over here: