David demonstrates some of the subtleties of the weapon physics system in this HD alpha video.
Posted by jeffr on Jan 4th, 2011
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Activated all weapons
- Items have shadows and physics interpolation
- Added Blender weapon animation and attachment posing
- Weapon collision events with sounds pitched based on mass
- Custom convex hulls and centers of mass for weapons
- Expanding convex hulls based on speed to avoid penetration
- Weapons can override character animations
- Fixed plant shader bug
- "No_collision" flag (for collidable plant trunks and non-collidable leaves)
- Custom collision models for objects
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!