Hey guys, my name is Spycrabz, and I am a mapper for Guard Duty (obviously). Today I will be showing you how to make a good-looking store room.
1) We start off by making the floor, giving a basic idea of what size the room will be. It is textured with Dev Measure textures for easy texture alignment.
2) Now we start making walls, again using Measure textures as a height reference.
3) We duplicate and resize these walls, to make a proper room.
4) A room isn't a room without a ceiling, right?
5) Pick out a basic wall texture, and place it on the wall.
6) See how the texture is stretched? It's because our texture artists are too lazy to resize them (Just kidding). We can use the texture align tool to resize and fit it onto the wall.
7) Repeat until all the faces are textured.
8) Add some shelves, it is a storeroom, after all.
9) Add different props here and there, making sure they fit the theme you're going for. Overlays can also help.
Looking good already, isn't it? Well now, let's move on to:
10) Fire and Flares can be useful if you need extra light, but don't want extra fittings.
11) Let's add a portable floodlight to add to the Industrial theme.
Pretty sweet eh? That concludes this devblog, stay tuned for more! Media update is on it's way!