At last I have finished off the Mosin-Nagant 3D models. I can proudly present a true Russian M1891/30 variant which was the most frequent and used of all Mosin-Nagants on the Eastern front. I did it because the original CoD2 Mosin-Nagant model was completely wrong, it was a hybrid between Finish (M28/30) and Russian (M1938) variants.
I made three M1891/30 models in total: an unscoped version, a sniper version with cloth cover and a sniper version without cloth cover. Both snipers have PU scope with x3,5 magnification.
Please write your opinion into comments...
...winner will be used in mod.
You can watch here, or use image section.
You can watch here, or use video section.
When testing the Mosin-Nagants I took also additional pictures of some other weapons from the Eastern front.
New model, reshaped, reshaded, remapped UVs, added a lot of detail (grip, locking mechanism, barrel, various pins). The new model naturaly goes with new skin in both DX7 and 9 modes. I took my attention especially to the DX9 mode which enables lights and bumps.
The original CoD2 model for Russian hand grenade - the RGD-33 was really low detail plus it had low resolution skin. Now we can enjoy skin with double resolution and more detailed model. I had to remap the UVs because the original model had quite a lot of glitches there. Model is reshaded as well and I improved the DX7 and 9 performance.
The remaking process of the Russian pistol started with the fact that it had an error when reloading - there was a clipping glitch - you could see the magazine going through and out of the grip. So I corrected it. When corecting this mistake I decided that I will fresh up the whole thing a bit. So it has a new skin with better contrast and detail in both DX7 and 9 modes. I had to remodel the whole slide because its geometry was messed up. There were errors in shape of the grip too. Reshading and remapping UVs was done as well.
I showed the Kar98k on Rhine map before. Here you can see how it looks in Russian winter. The whole model was adjusted a lot. I moved the bolt forwards a bit because in original CoD2 animation it was too backwards. Missing surfaces were filled and the whole model was given a more "Mauser" feeling. But the main work was done on skin, I took several photos to give myself an virtual image how I want the gun to look like. So the wood was completely changed. DX9 maps were heavily adjusted to give as perfect performance as possible.