Wildfire Games proudly announces the release of a second pre-alpha version of 0 A.D., a free, open-source game of ancient warfare. Although it's not a playable release yet, it includes a new pathfinding system, training queues, a dynamic minimap and more. This progress in gameplay, graphics, audio, and GUI brings us closer to the alpha version set in July.
Easy to Download and Install
Download and installation instructions are available for Windows, OS X and Linux.
To recap, some of the changes since the last pre-alpha include:
- Added new unit movement system, for precise pathfinding and obstacle avoidance.
- Added training queues in buildings.
- Added units to the minimap.
- Added initial audio integration with gameplay code.
- Gameplay fixes in projectile models and population bonuses.
- Graphics fixes in unit outline shapes and animation synchronisation.
- For modders and developers: Added automatic RNG validation of entity template XML files; Added documentation of entity template XML file format.
- Fixed compatibility bugs with Windows x64 and with OS X.
- Various other changes and bug fixes and optimisations - see the SVN log.
Don't Be a Stranger
Wildfire Games will continue releasing new versions of 0 A.D. periodically. Watch our news feed to keep updated, or follow us by e-mail, RSS, Facebook or Twitter. And you're always welcome to join the 0 A.D. community on our forums.