So now that we are in the proto-1.07 stage let's recap on what has been accomplished since the last "official" patch.
- Changes were made to how damage is done to creatures in the game.
- Economy was changed.
- Rucksacks were changed.
- GPS markers were changed.
- The new night vision had its first stages of being phased in.
This is all pretty good so far, even if I haven't managed to accomplish every feature I've been working on so far, but all in all, we are heading in the right direction, and quicker than I expected. So now, what has been accomplished since then?
- Artifact detectors have been added to the game, and are now required to find artifacts. Right now they need some calibration, and in the end their mechanics will need to be completely reworked, but this is a start. This feature alone will only further balance the economy on top of the previous changes.
- Some suits for the new factions are being worked on, the new factions won't be in the mod at least until after new maps are added, if I can get that accomplished, that is, but you will be able to use some of their suits in the meantime.
- New quests are being written, but also won't be in-game until much later on. However, so far I have developed a rough frame of a story that takes place around SoC's story.
- It's possible that I may finish work on some new objects in the game, things like ammo crates that are planned to be part of the new quests, and it may be possible to use them to get thousands of rounds of ammo. The crates themselves are very heavy, and will be hard to find.
- Repair kits too need to be added, I know I've been pestered about this, but it's on my list of things to accomplish.
- Some guns are being fixed, or have had their mechanics changed. Very possible, and even likely that new weapons will be added in the upcoming patch, I won't specify which ones or exactly how many, this is still a mystery to me.
- Virtually all weapons have had their muzzle velocity changed. This change is in fact very radical, despite me never even mentioning it in the previous patch notes.
- 5.45 guns will get a re-balancing. Their ammunition behaves quite different to 5.56 weapons, since muzzle velocity isn't as much of a determining factor upon damage, all 5.45 guns will be moved closer to parity.
- NATO versions of the current NV sights are a feature in the works, as well as a complete re-pricing of the few suits that now carry a NVD.