Welcome to my fast paced RTS mod for Warcraft III TFT. While the old versions were only maps, this version is a mod. Install instructions included.
This project is a fast paced oldschool "standard" RTS modification for Warcraft III The Frozen Throne, that takes place after the 2nd War with the Alliance still fighting the remains of the Orcish Horde. It aims to bring the gameplay of Warcraft2, Starcraft:Broodwar and Armies of Exigo to Warcraft 3.
• fast paced oldschool rts
• completely changed unit/armor stats
• new models/skins
• new colors (white/black/dark red/dark green)
• new spells and modified standard spells
• advanced tooltips showing unit speed/buildtime and more
• buildable flying transporters
• units in flying transports die after the transport was shot down
• foodcap 200
• naval maps
• capturable merc and resource buildings
Iam still searching for testers, terrainers and AI coders/scripters.
There is only an orc AI.
Undead is improved and playable but not finished yet,some spells/abilities are not final and tooltips are missing. Human, Orc and Nightelve are full playable.
Naval battles are available now!
If you are interested in playing or watching some VODS check out these links:
Check out the new Mappack!
Welcome to the World of Warcraft 2.5. Bringing back the battle for Azeroth over land, sea and air.
I started this project in 2009 called "Warcraft No Heroes". At first I just removed the heroes and the creeps but I did not enjoy the outcome. A friend of mine gave me the idea to take a more Warcraft 2ish /Broodwarish approach. The result was "Warcraft 2.5" a fast paced oldschool rts game. I had a playable version in 2010 but I waited with the release on moddb until I had 3 factions playable in March 2012. Now I release my most recent Version with 4 playable factions and several new features which were not part of the original Warcraft III, but were part of other rts games. Some examples are following here:
1. I added advanced tooltips to every unit, showing most of the unit stats
2. Changed armor/damage system and stats
Normal weapons do 100% damage to all armor types.
Light weapons do 100% damage to light armor, 50% damage to medium and 25% damage to heavy armor.
Heavy weapons do 50% damage to light, 75% to medium and 100% damage to heavy armor.
3. reworked the old spells and abilities and added completely new ones
For example the new Wizard ability "invisibility aura" . Providing invisibility to all surrounding units except the Wizard itself.
4. buildable flying and naval transports
5. yes naval units are back too with special naval maps
and many more.
6. units inside a transport die if the transport was destroyed
7. foodcap 200 / no upkeep
8. capturable resource facilities like oil derricks and buildings where you can hire mercs
A oil derrick after being captured by flying machines. Producing +2 Gold each interval.
A merc camp with creeps defending it.
While capturing the progress is indicated by a bar.
A captured merc camp with a bunch of hireable mercs.
9. several new units/models and skins
and many more.
Now featuring a installer you will not have any trouble to install or uninstall the mod. Check it out!
Unfortunately I will not be able to work on this project alone anymore. I will need help especially for balancing, new icons, better AI and new maps.
Thank you for your attention!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Upload a file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.