Tier666TA is a bot AI modification focused on replay value. Bots can now move around just as pro players do. To play this mod, you need both Quake3 Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC.
"Tier666 Team Arena Edition" or "Team Arena Redux" is a bot AI modification for Quake3 Team Arena. Bots can now move faster and act more unpredictably. You can expect more on enjoyable opponents.
* Features *
- redefined "fast and furious" single player experience
- quick single player score trial
- new gametype "Dawn of the Gaunt"
- new gametype "Kamikaze Rush Hour"
- new gametype "Max Overload"
- new gametype "Harvester Redux"
- new gametype "Clan Arena"
- optional use of external entity set per gametype with bot AI support
- optional use of optimized bot route data per gametype
- optional use of new player movement
1. double jump (from CPM or Quake Live)
2. bounce pad double jump (from Quake Live)
- configurable advanced bot movement
- dynamic weapon choice AI
- more tactical AI
- wider range of render setting
* Play Information *
- make sure you have retail version of both Quake III Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC, ideally patched to v1.32
- unzip the contents of "tier666TA-v6.66.zip" to your Quake3 folder, so that "tier666TA.exe" sits in the same directory with original "quake3.exe"
- double click "tier666TA.exe" to play
* Change Log *
- replaced holdable item "Invulnerability" with instant powerup "Armor Regen"
- added a new gametype "Dawn of the Gaunt"(g_gametype 2) with bot support
- added *new* map entries in single player mode
- added a new simple large hud
- hud elements for player state(Health, Armor, Ammo) can now use its own number font
- added a smaller version of CTF for mpterra1
- force model feature is now more flexible with new cvars "cg_enemyModel" and "cg_teamModel"
- added a missing female model skin for "The Fallen" team
- james and janet models now use blue skins in non-team games instead of red to make them look more distinct with higher intensity
- unlocked some of the Team Arena voice taunts
- optimized aas file of mpterra3 for Max Overload
- changed item placement in mptourney1 to be more like Quake Live version
- updated graphic presets in system menu (Default, Pro, Hunter, Prototype, Blueprint)
- bots now rarely use bot-only dodging while roaming the level, instead they try normal jump as often as possible
- added a new cvar "hopper_hop_while_running_fast_mode"
- added a new cvar "cg_playerStateFont" that specifies number font by index
- added a new cvar "cg_postGameScreenshot" that activates auto post game screenshot feature for multiplayer
- added a new cvar "ui_postGameScreenshot" that activates auto post game screenshot feature for single player
- added new cvars "cg_dynamicMusic"
NOTE: dynamic music is only used for Clan Arena at the momemnt and is disabled by default
- added new cvars "r_waveBaseForceValue" and "r_waveAmplitudeScale" to universally control blinking textures in levels
- added new cvars "r_enemyHeadColorStyle", "r_enemyBodyColorStyle" and "r_enemyLegsColorStyle"
- added new shader tokens "nowavemod" to prevent rgb wave params to be forced by cvars
- changed protocol version to its own(666)
- improved bot jump to be more responsive and more precise
- replaced a cvar "r_simplePlayerSkin" with "r_colorfullPlayerSkin"
- replaced cvars "r_simplePlayerSkinRedR,G,B" with "r_colorizedEnemySkinR,G,B"
- replaced cvars "r_simplePlayerSkinOthersR,G,B" with "r_colorizedTeamSkinR,G,B"
- replaced cvars "r_freqScale" with "r_waveFrequencyScale"
- removed cvars "hopper_use_external_waypoints", "ui_recordSPDemo" and "ui_recordSPDemoName"
NOTE: external waypoint is now always activated if exists in bsp file
NOTE: entries of removed cvar are still left in "q3config.cfg" that can safely be erased
- fixed a critical bot AI bug where hopping percentage was not properly evaluated
- fixed a critical bot movement bug that sometimes made bots stick to walls
- fixed a critical bug that caused a server shutdown in 1FCTF when a player touched neutral flag during warmup
- fixed a bug that made tier666 cvars written to both "q3config.cfg" and "tier666.cfg"
- fixed a bug in cm_entityGametype where client cvar did not sync with server's
- corrected some errors in gametype specific bsp that could confuse bots
- corrected some errors in gray scale mode