Tier666TA is a bot AI modification focused on replay value. Bots can now move around just as pro players do. To play this mod, you need both Quake3 Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC.
Tier666 is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Arena. Version 2.2 supports 2 deadly simple custom maps. Note that there is no compatibility between previous versions.
Title : Quake3 Arena Tier666 Modification v2.2(preview release)
Author : a13xoloid
description : Bot AI Mod for extraordinary offline play
* Play Information *
- make sure you have retail version of Quake III: Arena installed on your PC, ideally patched to version 1.27 or above
- if you have previous version of tier666(v2.1 or below) installed, be sure to delete it or prepare to overwrite it
- unzip the contents of tier666-v2.2.zip to your Quake3 folder, so that q3-tier666.exe and *.bat files are located in the same directory with original quake3.exe
- double click *.bat file to play (alternatively you can create your own shortcut, of course)
NOTE : Because some features are single player specific, launching a match through skirmish menu is not recommneded.
| |_ q3dead1.pk3, q3tbds1.pk3
* Description *
Tier666 is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Arena.
Bots now move faster and act more unpredictably.
This mod requires a per map configuration or specialized version of bot file and arena file.
So the number of supported map is limited at the moment.
Because bot AI code in executable and game module are co-dependent each other, you can't inherit the features of Tier666 mod to other mods.
* Supported Official Maps *
* Supported Custom Maps *
* Features *
- advanced bot movement with less CPU usage
- more unpredictable bot behaviour with less CPU usage
- enhanced CTF AI(use of more decision factors, such as team score, than original Quake3 Team Arena)
- fine graphic settings
* Change Log (since v2.1) *
- added 2 new custom map support
- added 3 new parameters for addbot commnad (addbot [skill 1-5] [team] [msec delay] [altname] [body model] [head model] [player sound])
- therefore bot ai, its appearance and voice can be independent each other now
- added simple quick avatar support (put *.tga and *.skin files in "models/players/avatar" directory then specify headmodel as avatar/filename)
- added new CVAR r_minLight(refer to CVAR section)
- added new CVAR g_enableSlummer(refer to CVAR section)
- replaced religious icons with harmless ones
- changed bot file extention(from *.aas to *.666) to support existing custom maps safely
- changed arena file directory(from "scritps" to "arenas") to support existing custom maps safely
- fixed a bug where bots always look down just before jumping
- removed nonsense warning dialog box on map restart
- removed player respawn sound and sfx effect to reduce the chance of spawn kill (might be togglable later)
* Tier666 CVARS (Many of them are for the purpose of reducing eye/nerve strain) *
cg_drawMuzzleFlash - draw weapon flash effect when fired - default:0
cg_drawScreenBlood - draw blood effect on screen - default:0
cg_projectileScale - scale the radius of projectile trail - default:0.5
cg_drawSpeed - show player's horizontal movement speed in unit/sec - default:0
cg_leastDlight - only special item(CTF flag and Quad) holders emit dynamic light - default:1
cg_drawAreaNum - show aas area number at the location where you are currently standing - default:1
(can be used to make bots roam around specific areas, for example, /say_team sarge roam from 13 to 666)
cg_playerLean - lean player model based on speed - default:0
cg_hitbeeps - 0:no beeps, 1:mono tone, 2:damage based tone, 3:the opposite tone of 2 - default:2
g_enableSlummer - a tier slummer appears in single player mode - default:1
r_freqScale - scale the Hz of blinking textures - default:1.0
r_drawFog - draw fog - default:1
r_drawVolumetricLight - draw volumetric lights in official id maps - default:1
r_picmip - set picmip for level textures and map objects only - default:1
r_picmipExp - set picmip for missile explosions only - default:2
r_ambientscale - scale the brightness of dynamically lit(by lightgrid) models(player models) - default:0.6
r_drawMapObjects - draw map objects - default:1
r_huntMode - 1:makes level textures gray, 2:makes lightmap gray, 3:makes both gray - default:0
r_intensityPM - set the intensity of player models - default:2
r_intensityTX - set the intensity of level textures - default:2
r_normalizeByColor - prevent lit textures turn white out - default:1
r_mdlOBB - set overbrightbits for map objects only - default:2
r_lgOBB - set overbrightbits for lightgrid only - default:2
r_lmOBB - set overbrightbits for lightmap only - default:2
r_mapOverBrightBits - set overbrightbits for targets other than listed above(mostly level textures) - default:2
r_zFar - don't draw anything whose distance exceeds this value(recommended for Nvidia Riva TNT or ATI Rage Pro users) - default:-1(disabled)
r_ext_texture_filter_anisotropic - enables anisotropic filtering - default:0
r_textureAnisotropy - set anisotropy level - default:1.0
r_minLight - set minimum value of lightmap brightness to cope with very dark custom maps - default:0, max:255
* Plan *
- supporting Team Arena terrain maps(Overdoes, Distant Screams)
- supporting famous map packs such as RA3 and 3W
- supporting all the other user-made maps ever released
- supporting new gametypes
- releasing bot file creation tool(bspc666.exe and related assets for gtkradiant)
* Author *
Special thanks to id software to release full source code.
* Copyright / Permissions *
This mod is (c) by a13xoloid (2011). All rights reserved.
You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this mod, i.e. put it on a CD
or any other electronic medium (e.g. that would be included with a magazine)
without my explicit permission.
You MAY distribute this mod and associated files through the (internet,
FTP, local BBS etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive
* * * * * * * *