Tier666TA is a bot AI modification focused on replay value. Bots can now move around just as pro players do. To play this mod, you need both Quake3 Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC.
"Tier666 Team Arena Edition" or "Team Arena Redux" is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Team Arena. Bots can now move faster and act more unpredictably. You can expect more on enjoyable opponents.
* Features *
- redefined "fast and furious" single player experience
- quick single player score trial
- new gametype "Kamikaze Rush Hour"
- new gametype "Max Overload"
- new gametype "Harvester Redux"
- new gametype "Clan Arena"
- optional use of external entity set per gametype with bot AI support
- optional use of optimized bot route data per gametype
- extra player movement
1. double jump (from CPM or Quake Live)
2. bounce pad double jump (from Quake Live)
- advanced bot movement
- dynamic weapon choice AI
- more tactical AI
- wider range of render setting
- sampling human player jump from demo file as a helper waypoint for bots (experimental)
* Play Information *
- make sure you have retail version of both Quake III Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC, ideally patched to v1.32
- unzip the contents of tier666TA-5.0.zip to your Quake3 folder, so that "tier666TA.exe" sits in the same directory with original "quake3.exe"
- double click "tier666TA.exe" to play
your_quake3_directoy\ (such as C:\game\quake3\)
|_baseq3\ (essential, addon contents should be located here for safety)
| |_ pak0-8.pk3
| |_ pak0-3.pk3
|_tier666TA\ (tier666 directory)
WARNING: You can't use tier666TA.exe to run other mods, including original Quake3 Arena.
* Change Log *
- added *new* map entries in single player mode for quickies
- added a new gametype "Clan Arena" (g_gametype 8) with bot support and "arena region"
NOTE: q3dm7 makes use of "arena region" as an example, this can matter only when playing against bots
- added more tactical AI per gametype (decision criteria whether to be aggressive or not)
- improved spawn locations in 3 terrain maps for "Max Overload"
- improved map filter in start server menu with more entries (CPM/OSP, Threewave, Rocket Arena)
- arbitrary skybox can now be shown with r_forceSkybox and r_skyboxImage as long as the level has sky
- fixed a critical bug in round based games where round never ends if player gets fragged after team wins
- added 2 render modes just for fun
NOTE: this is set by r_simpleTextures, -1:prototype mode, -2:blueprint mode
NOTE: some render settings(vertex lighting, fast sky, obb, picmip, texture intesity) are forced in these modes
NOTE: r_lineThickness and r_lineBrightness, to change the properties of border lines
NOTE: in these modes texture color is affected by the color of fastsky