Tier666TA is a bot AI modification focused on replay value. Bots can now move around just as pro players do. To play this mod, you need both Quake3 Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC.
"Tier666 Team Arena Edition" or "Team Arena Redux" is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Team Arena. Bots can now move faster and act more unpredictably. You can expect more on enjoyable opponents.
* Description *
"Tier666 Team Arena Edition" or "Team Arena Redux" is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Team Arena.
Bots can now move faster and act more unpredictably.
You can expect more on enjoyable opponents.
* Features *
- redefined "fast and furious" single player experience
- quick single player score trial
- new gametype "Kamikaze Rush Hour"
- new gametype "Max Overload"
- new gametype "Harvester Redux"
- new gametype "Clan Arena"
- optional use of external entity set per gametype with bot AI support
- optional use of optimized bot route data per gametype
- optional player movement
1. double jump (from CPM or Quake Live)
2. bounce pad double jump (from Quake Live)
- advanced bot movement
- dynamic weapon choice AI
- more tactical AI
- wider range of render setting
* Play Information *
- make sure you have retail version of both Quake III Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC, ideally patched to v1.32
- unzip the contents of tier666TA-6.0.zip to your Quake3 folder, so that "tier666TA.exe" sits in the same directory with original "quake3.exe"
- double click "tier666TA.exe" to play
your_quake3_directoy\ (such as C:\game\quake3\)
|_baseq3\ (essential, addon contents should be located here for safety)
| |_ pak0-8.pk3
| |_ pak0-3.pk3
|_tier666TA\ (tier666 directory)
WARNING: You can't use tier666TA.exe to run other mods, including original Quake3 Arena.
* Change Log *
- added a new external waypoint system that is more reliable and is much eaiser to setup in radiant
NOTE: mdk(map development kit) is now available as a seperate download
NOTE: you don't have to recompile bot file, just have to create an additional small bsp file in a second
- added a customized version of q3dm6(ffa) whose item placement is almost equivalent to pro-q3dm6
- added a customized version of q3dm6(tournament) whose item placement matches the one with Quake Live's
- added a customized version of q3dm6(clan arena) in which bots make full use of new waypoint system
NOTE: current waypointing is least enough, there are a lof of potential left for you to make it better
NOTE: if you made a killer waypoint or item placement for any map, feel free to upload it to addon section in moddb :)
- added q3dm6 in single player tournament
- removed a CVAR "hopper_allow_godlike"
NOTE: an entry of removed CVAR is still left in "q3config.cfg" that can safely be erased
- added a new CVAR cg_fragFeedbackStyle