The Ultimate Universe Mod began in January 2007 with the goal then being a multi stage development process. Chris Jones Gaming as an entity had just begun, and the team, growing by the day, was off to create one heck of a mod. The team acquired modelers, mappers, scripters, programmers, and other ‘staff’. We ended up releasing a ‘demo’ on 4/14/07 – Followed immediately by a little patch to fix a few things. Demo Patch two was released to the public on 5/21/07 after much beta testing, which included all new TOS ships from Moonraker, and a reworked single player campaign from Gamemaster, among other things. Many new missions and 1 on 1 maps added. Mindwipe provided many new sound effects and produced a very nice soundtrack for each race in the mod. Then came The Ultimate Borg, Dominion, then a full 1.0 release on 9/24/07. Stage 2 is in progress with no set release date. Stay tuned my friend.
WELL AFTER MUCH A DO WITH OUR PR DEPT WE FINALLY GOT THE FILES MIRRORED HERE AT MOD DB FOR PEOPLE TO FINALLY DOWNLOAD AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS. OUR APOLOGISE IN THE DELAY IN ADDING THEM HERE. This has been, and will continue to be, a wild ride. On to the nitty gritty. You can select which directory to install
Posted by mindwipe on Jun 27th, 2007
WELL AFTER MUCH A DO WITH OUR PR DEPT WE FINALLY GOT THE FILES MIRRORED HERE AT MOD DB FOR PEOPLE TO FINALLY DOWNLOAD AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS. OUR APOLOGISE IN THE DELAY IN ADDING THEM HERE.
This has been, and will continue to be, a wild ride.
On to the nitty gritty. You can select which directory to install the mod into, although I have set it to the default Legacy directory. This installer puts all the files in the proper places inside your Legacy Game. It is recommended that you have a brand new install of Legacy for this mod. That install should include Official Patch 1.2 for Multiplayer. If you wish to see the correct chunking of nacelles and such things when they are blown off your ship, you can only do this in single player in an unpatched game. Note that this mod DOES work well in an unpatched version of Legacy.
The Official Game Patches are NOT included here, so you can play the mod as you please. The Ultimate Universe is fully Multiplayer compatible. We have found that using a program called Hamachi Hamachi.cc helps when connecting for Multiplayer.
There are 6 playable races in Single Player Mode. Cardassian and Vulcan are selectable in addition to the original four.
Multiplayer races are: Federation - Klingon - Romulan - Cardassian.
The menus are different and less laggy, as you might notice, good for low end PC's.
More features of this mod..
1. Originally the game had a max player limit of 4 player we have extended that 6 and 8 player maps, through Trickester's original Community Mod.
2. Larger, more dramatic Explosions (by Miri's Hot/Max Loef)
3. We have approximately 70+ new maps added.
4. Historical Missions added - Wrath of Khan, The Die Is Cast, Enterprise Incident, First Contact, Paradise Lost, etc...
5. Special Modes with approximately 130+ ships in battles - Single Player - also some Original missions, One On One, System Conquest, Survival, and Armada mode. There are lite versions of many of these.
6. AI Ships More aggressive. Smaller ships, when in numbers, may fly in formation.
7. Lots of new ships ranging from ENT, TOS, TMP, and TNG era's with a few future ships.
8. New Repair interface / Faster repair rates
9. Enemy Ships repair themselves in game..
10. Overhaul of stock interface, friendlier interface.
11. Some elements of the 'Tactical Enhancement Mod' included
12. You can tractor any ship.. note that their engines are disabled when you do that - permanently - still - the tractor beams may have some use down the line..
13. All new TOS from Moonraker - including a new Dreadnought - TOS Proxima eliminated. Use of the New TOS by anybody - requires the direct permission of Chris Jones AND Writeall.
14. New Breen, Cardassian (including Stations), Dominion, and a new Fed Achilles Class from Phoenix Fett.. all with HI RES Textures from Sovereign001 (We'll have a separate lower-res texture pack at some point)
15. New Photons - visuals and audio - for TOS, TMP, Early TNG, DS9, Voyager, and First Contact - thanks to Max Loef
Aditionally there are two subsequent packs including the ULTIMATE BORG and a new project up and coming reovling the dominion alliance.
this mod is a must forany trek fan with legacy installed. and there is more to come over the next few months. till then download and enjoy
- Chris Jones