"The year is 2019, five years since a fatal virus wiped out much of the human population.
Anarchy has been set upon the world.
Packs of the infected roam the countryside and the cities.
The last remnants of mankind struggle to survive"
Main mod thread on taleworlds forums - Forums.taleworlds.com
their are many more pictures available in the above thread
The Reckoning is a single player mod for mount and blade warband. It is a complete conversion mod and taking place in a post apocalyptic world where a strain of virus has wiped out most of civilisation. Surviving in this world is tough, packs of the undead roam the streets and gangs rob and murder the weak. The mod is set in southern USA and features various factions, these factions goals range from merely surviving... to setting up an entirely new United States.
- Bands of the undead, loads of guns and all the other standard features you'd expect in an apocalyptic mod.
- No more villages!! Instead villages have been replaced with Points of Interest, these can range from a crashed plain to an abandoned farm. At Points of Interest players can scavenge for "resources". These resources can the be taken into town and exchanged for gold or troops.
- Drivable vehicles - certain vehicles (such as pickup trucks) can carry troops on the back who will aim and fire as you drive around
- A unique cover system never seen before in M&B, troops actively seek out places to take cover from enemy fire
- Much smaller, more intimate battles. Parties will not field 100+ troops as they do in native. Average faction partys will consist of between 20 - 40 men. Random battles will not be fought in bland muddy textured randomly generated "fields", they will be fought in custom made scenes - e.g a crossroads, an interstate highway, a forest, a gas station
- Players will have to make various decisions during the game and these decisions will affect they're gameplay. Think the karma/reputation system in fallout. An example of this in action is when the players have won a battle they have a choice of what to do with the dead - will you bury them (gain honour), leave them (neutral) or.... loot the bodies and then cut them all into little pieces (gain reputation). This is completely separate from native's honour system. Ill explain this in more detail when the coding has advanced more.
- Sniping (actually zooming in) and many, many more features