Currently being developed by Starside R&D, this is a Total Conversion mod for the game Star Wars: EaW Forces of Corruption from Petroglyph Studios. You decide who has the right to survive, the Terran Federation or the Arachnids and their allies, the Skinnies. It will include space & land skirmish and Galactic Conquest and is based on various aspects taken from the movie, animated TV series, and the original book. Command your Forces in the silence of space or the roar of the battlefield, be it the Terran Federation or the Arachnid/Skinny Alliance. Use old favorites as well as brand new units developed for this conflict.
This is fanon design created in 3D by myself simply because I liked it. The design's creator loved the model and gave me permission to release it to the community. There is only one condition and that is if used in a public released mod, it must retain the name "Min's Wind". The talented artist goes by Sithsherald over at Swagonline, which is a Star Wars artist Guild of many, many creative people who draw art and create stories and characters based on the Star Wars Universe.
Here is his story behind this ship.
"The Pirate Ship Min's Wind roams the edges of the Outer Rim toward the Unknown Regions. Also a licensed privateering vessel for the Empire, The Min's Wind sports powerful sublight drives, a ragtag squadron of starfighter uglies, a multitude of turbolasers and tractor beams, and a bow mounted ion cannon capable of disabling ships twice its size."
It is approximatly 1.5 times larger than a Correlian Corvette. The original shipbuilders were the Aquavians of the Covalta system in the Unknown regions. However, once it had been assigned to Min Jukta, he was banished from the Covalta system and sought a commission to privateer for the Empire. Over the years, as the vessel required repairs and reconstruction, it was often rebuilt with parts of other derelict ships, since access to the original shipbuilders was denied.
Min Jukta was finally able to assemble a competent crew of pirates and fighter pilots, so that the ongoing damage to his ship has decreased significantly. The vessel now holds only a vague resemblance to the specifications to which it was first built and has become almost as much of an 'ugly' as the starfighters in its landing bay.
I enjoyed making it and had really not had any intention of adding it to the game but a few have asked, so here it is.
I've included a basic xml & hardpoint info on the ship as well as thrown together a "Ugly" fighter called the Bentwing to be the onboard squadron's three units. It's got parts from a B-Wing, Tie Interceptor, Y-Wing, and uses parts of the same textures from each base fighter. I've renamed them simply to prevent issues if the originals had been changed in anyone's own game. Also included are custom named and/or modified engine proxies, custom icon buttons (the icon of Min is drawn by Sithsherald).
The engine proxies are scaled to the ship's scale set in the XMLs. If the XML ship scale is raised or lowered, it will make the engine glow bigger or smaller than intended.
The xml's are pretty complete,although I wasn't able to get the main front gun to shoot anything that would replicate Sithsherald's main idea, but I didn't spend too much time experimenting with everything I could have. I leave that up to all of you.
Everything needed is included but basic modding knowledge is required to get this ingame.
Hope you enjoy it and please pay attention to the credit requirements below.
Multiple Mesh Details
Total Poly Count 7250
Total Poly Count 3546
- Original concept and reference image of Min's Wind created by Sithsherald at SWAGONLINE.net
- Min's Wind mesh created by Rebelmoon. Custom textures created using modified textures from the game Star Wars Forces of corruption.
- Bentwing mesh created/combined by Rebelmoon using mutiple stock models/textures created by Petroglyph for the game Star Wars Forces of corruption.
You can use this model and its associated texture files with the following understanding:
1) That you will not edit any part of the mesh (no exceptions) or textures without permission from the original creator of this work.
2) That you will include credit for the model to Rebelmoon and Sithsherald in all releases.
3) That the model must retain in all releases the name "Min's Wind". No exceptions.
4) That any use of this model in any way other than intended is expressly forbidden unless permission is granted by the creator.
5) The creator retains all rights to this model indefinately.
6) That you will not distribute any part of this zip in any capacity for any means of profit.
So, when in doubt, e-mail me at Rebelmoon3d@hotmail.com