Two days. Just two days until Shifter v1.8 is officially out. Seems like forever, doesn't it?
Even with the release date so close, there's still bugtesting to be done. Shifter v1.8 BETA #10 contains numerous fixes for bugs that have been brought to my attention, but the only way I can be sure I've gotten them all (or most of them at least) is if I have testers to find any of the bugs they can.
If you can't wait for two days, or if you just want to pitch in and help with bugtesting, click the Savefile link at the bottom of the page and download BETA #10. It'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy, I promise.
Oh yeah, here's a few things added to this version:
- Seagulls and Flies drop any items they are carrying in Unrealistic before their deaths.
- Cats ACTUALLY attack Rats now.
- Fixed the non-moving Buddha statue/secret door in Maggie Chow's apartment. (a Game of the Year glitch)
- Fixed the infinite loop/crash issues involving Greasels weilding GEP Guns.
- Players using the Gunther Hermann model in Unrealistic will now get the HDTP Facelift to their player model.
- Readjusted some bonuses in the Kills/KOs skillpoint system so that you get points for successfully stunning MiBs and WiBs, but no longer get extra points for stunning NSF. (The skill system shouldn't promote any one morality)
- Instant-hit weapons (the ones that I made shoot explosive rounds) in Unrealistic do double the damage compared to previous versions of Unrealistic.
You can get the latest version of the mod (currently BETA #10) from here: Savefile.com
If that link goes dead, check my Savefile Project Folder and get the most recent version of the mod.
-- The Shifter Tieam