Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) A Supreme Commander 2 Complete Overhaul / Total Conversion Mod
The Portal Wars minimod aims to merge traditional Supreme Commander gameplay with gameplay elements from tower defense, dota, and moba games.
Posted by OverRated on Jan 25th, 2012
About: The Portal Wars minimod aims to merge traditional Supreme Commander gameplay with gameplay elements from tower defense, dota, and moba games.
Given the significant change in gameplay, Portal Wars is an OPTIONAL add-on to Revamp.
Acknowledgments: A big thanks to OverRated and Avitus12 for their help with the minimod!
- Each player starts with only one ACU and one Portal
- Each player has only one portal and cannot build more
- Land, air, and naval factories, as well as all experimental gantries have been completely removed
- All units originally built by land and air factories and experimental gantries will all be summoned through the Portal
- Every 5 minutess, the Portal opens allowing you to summon units
- The Portal opens for 5 minutes and then closes for 5 minutes in a continuous cycle
- Initially the ACU can only build power generators, mass extractors, and research stations
- All units and structures must be researched
- Every unit and structure (including the Portal) has specific upgrades that can be researched
- Class upgrades can be researched
- Summoned units are purchased with immediate cost deductions on energy, mass, and research
- Summoned units have persistent energy, mass, and research eco drains
- All GPG units and structures (including DLC) have been incorporated
- Create ACU upgrades and abilities (Proof-of-Concept, Alpha, Beta)
- Redesign the Portals (Alpha 1)
- Figure out what to do with Naval units (Alpha 2)
- Incorporate Revamp units and structures (Alpha 3)
- Balancing (Beta 1)
- Code the AI (Beta 2)
- Release Candidate
Some general notes:
- The double cost in eco (i.e., purchasing cost and persistent cost) is reasoned as follows: it costs energy, mass, and research to bring the units to the Portal, and then it costs upkeep to have them remain on the battlefield
- The mod will be heavily oriented around the ACU. There will be a LOT of ACU upgrades and abilities, and the ACU will be a key factor in direct combat in order to win