The Realms of Trinity is a complete Persistent World set in the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting and takes place 232 years after the goings on in Neverwinter Nights 2 original campaign. It is a fully detailed campaign. The world is a Hybrid Action / Adventure / RP PW that has many challenging and mind blowing original ares.
If you have played the core Neverwinter Nights 2 campaign and enjoyed it, then prepare to get blown clean out of your seat! The Realms of Trinity evolves the core game to new levels across every possible front from totally redesigned game mechanics, visual effects, and areas that rival even the best of fantasy MMOs of today. You will not think that the engine was built in 2006 playing our game, but feel that it is brand new. If you are craving a real adventure full of high fantasy and huge story arcs that rival any game in existence, then RoT is your place to play Dungeons & Dragons. If you're not a fan of the Spell Plague, even better, because in our story line the Spell Plague has already ended and the world has actually ebbed to have higher magic than before.
Please give the Realms of Trinity a look, and we look forward to seeing you.
To learn more about Neverwinter Nights 2: #mce_temp_url#
ROT Features at a glance:
* Huge and highly detailed world. Consists of 2 full campaigns of well over 400 areas.
* Area Instancing of all runs. If you've played MMOs where you get your own instanced set of areas, then you will know what area instancing is. We've developed an instancing framework for Neverwinter Nights 2 that GUARANTEES you get a full, clean, and fresh run EVERY time.
* Custom difficulty options that allow YOU to choose the experience you have playing ROT.
* Over 200 ROT modified spells and feats to provide a large range of viable character builds.
* Level 40 character progression!
* Dynamic Spawning System that constantly changes your gaming experience.
* Full custom RP XP Reward System to encourage immersive role playing.
* Party XP Reward Bonus - Party up to get extra XP bonuses!
* Great community with over 30 player guilds, which have custom cloaks, housing, and items.
* Custom Item Level Restriction System that allows for a good and reasonable structure of item use and sharing.
* Life after level 30 via the Epic Relevel system that allows you to add permanent base ability score bonuses to your character when you reach certain XP thresholds above Level 30 XP and bonuses to your spells.
* Kaedrin PRC Pack 1.42.1
* Low to High magic progression for the lifetime of your character in the Realms of Trinity I & II Campaigns, Low to Mid magic in the Cormyrean Expanse.
* Custom Item Crafting and Appearance changing to suit your play style and wishes.
* Community Leaders - The Realms of Trinity run and host the Neverwinter Nights Podcast, which covers everything Neverwinter. Check us out at Link Getting Started in The Realms of Trinity
Features found ONLY on the Realms of Trinity
RP Reward System
To enable RP award processing for your PC, you must be in RP Mode. ONLY local, whispers, and party chats will be processed. To turn on RP mode, click the RP mode button on the XP status bar. The status bar also keeps a running total of RP XP rewards that your character has received since character creation. Every hour the system will scan your text for good keywords and bad keywords. Any line of chat that has at least 1 good key word will be given a bonus per keyword. If a line of chat contains more than 1 good keyword, the benefit will stack up to 5 keywords. If a line of RP chat contains a bad key word, such as profanity, metagaming terms, certain slang, or generally anything that doesn't belong in RP, you will receive a 25 XP penalty and it will stack for each instance.
Personal Difficulty Options - Choose your ROT experience!
Options at Character Creation:
In an effort to help new players that are not familiar to ROT or would prefer an easier time soloing through the game as it stands, we have added the following new feature to ROT:
After you create your character, you will enter the void, before entering the portal and beginning the game, you will be given the option to choose, easy or normal difficulty. If you pick normal, nothing at all changes for you now or ever for that character. However, if you pick easy, you will get the following and the following:
- Get 5 free permanent ability score bonuses, applied any way you wish.
- Get 25,000 gp to start ( 1,500 gp for standard difficulty )
- Start with 8,000 xp ( 3,975 xp for standard difficulty )
- Get 85% gold total from kills.
Extreme Difficulty Mode
The extreme difficulty toggle mode is available for any character. The setting can be enabled by a simple click of the EX icon on the RoT HUD and will be saved by character in the the database, so that you won't have to turn it off/on every time you login. Using this feature is totally optional, however, be aware by using it in parties only you get the XP bonuses for the difficulty setting. Only individuals with the extreme setting on will receive the bonus XP.
When you enter an area with the Extreme Difficulty setting on, the mobs in the are will beef up. A "beefed" up monster will have (EX) at the end of its name and will return to normal name once it de-beefs. When you leave the area, any remaining creatures will be de-"beefed". Any creature that spawns in while you are in the area, will beef up within 6 seconds. Upon killing a creature "beefed" you will receive additional XP regardless of ER level.
The Realms of Trinity is a living and breathing world that changes daily!
RoT utilizes the SSR (Spawning System Randomizer), which is a new spawning technology that we have designed and developed that makes use of our Database hookup and allows REAL TIME changes to the world in game from outside of game. So in essence, one day you come across a pack of goblins. Another day, you might come across a group of bandits or even no one at all. You will never know what to expect where and with the above mentioned system with this, ROT will remain fun and fresh as humanly possible.
The Server is listed under Role Play, Direct Connect: server.realmsoftrinity.com
The Realms of Trinity hosted it's first player. We went live at 9:05 PM EST on 9/6/2008. The server consisted of 7 Chapters of ROT1 ( Iron Claw Run ) and about 7 side quest areas. We had 4 DMs, Head DM and co-creator Douglas Bowser, Charles Bowser, Augie Thalman ( Creator of Vaster Jarulson ), and myself. Shortly after, we gained alot of attention due to our unique approach to online NWN2 gaming and was featured on the IGN Vault. In late October we rolled out ROT Chapter 8 ( Now Chapter 5 ) which was the first major expansion in the realms and people were blown away by Atlantis and the Bloodsands. In November 2008, we rolled out the Temple of Vera, December rolled out Avernus and the Nine Hells. Lastly, in 2009 we wrapped up the Realms of Trinity I Campaign with Dis and Cania. At that point we had hosted nearly 3500 players and had been featured by MMORPG.com and gained the attention of several major game companies.
In September 2009, we kicked off ROT2 with a 2 chapter release and over the course of the next year we rolled out chapters 3-7 and built the dynamic spawning system, which revolutionized the way the world worked and provided a fresh experience daily for our players. In December 2011 we begun to create a whole new campaign focused on a much slower progression and lower magic level, called The Cormyrean Expanse. The first volume of the expanse rolled out in late 2012 and the second volume rolled out in early 2013. With the Cormyrean Expanse came the Area Instancing system. This system allowed players to never have to wait for respawns of critical chapter content and guaranteed a clean 100% fresh run every time. This system has been expanded to cover just about the entire server and was fully implemented on July 2013. The Cormyrean Expanse, unlike the ROT campaign, pretty much failed to gain the attention of the NWN2 community, but was certainly a revolutionary way to host parallel content on the same server keeping everyone together. Despite this failure, we are proud of the work and stand by it and currently planning a 3rd volume scheduled for early spring 2014.
Between March 2013 - August 2013, we picked up the torch on ROT2 and developed 4 prologue chapters that lead into ROT3, our third and final campaign of the ROT saga. On our 5th year anniversary, we have hosted a total of 8217 players to date and have been marketing ROT as a remastered product. We have over 910 likes on our Facebook page and have continually enhanced the NWN2 gaming experience with our cutting edge systems and innovations.
I wanted to point out we have had many supporters that made ROT possible and have supported ROT financially and with their time over the years. To all those who have, we thank you and appreciate you sticking with this project for all the years we been live. We look to keep the drive alive and will continue to strive to be the best NWN2 experience out there.