The Realms of Trinity is a complete Persistent World set in the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting and takes place 232 years after the goings on in Neverwinter Nights 2 original campaign. It is a fully detailed campaign. The world is a Hybrid Action / Adventure / RP PW that has many challenging and mind blowing original ares.
If you have played the core Neverwinter Nights 2 campaign and enjoyed it, then prepare to get blown clean out of your seat! The Realms of Trinity evolves the core game to new levels across every possible front from totally redesigned game mechanics, visual effects, and areas that rival even the best of fantasy MMOs of today. You will not think that the engine was built in 2006 playing our game, but feel that it is brand new. If you are craving a real adventure full of high fantasy and huge story arcs that rival any game in existence, then RoT is your place to play Dungeons & Dragons. If you're not a fan of the Spell Plague, even better, because in our story line the Spell Plague has already ended and the world has actually ebbed to have higher magic than before.
Please give the Realms of Trinity a look, and we look forward to seeing you.
To learn more about Neverwinter Nights 2: #mce_temp_url#
ROT Features at a glance:
* Huge and highly detailed world. Consists of 2 full campaigns of well over 400 areas.
* Area Instancing of all runs. If you've played MMOs where you get your own instanced set of areas, then you will know what area instancing is. We've developed an instancing framework for Neverwinter Nights 2 that GUARANTEES you get a full, clean, and fresh run EVERY time.
* Custom difficulty options that allow YOU to choose the experience you have playing ROT.
* Over 200 ROT modified spells and feats to provide a large range of viable character builds.
* Level 40 character progression!
* Dynamic Spawning System that constantly changes your gaming experience.
* Full custom RP XP Reward System to encourage immersive role playing.
* Party XP Reward Bonus - Party up to get extra XP bonuses!
* Great community with over 30 player guilds, which have custom cloaks, housing, and items.
* Custom Item Level Restriction System that allows for a good and reasonable structure of item use and sharing.
* Life after level 30 via the Epic Relevel system that allows you to add permanent base ability score bonuses to your character when you reach certain XP thresholds above Level 30 XP and bonuses to your spells.
* Kaedrin PRC Pack 1.42.1
* Custom Item Crafting and Appearance changing to suit your play style and wishes.
* Community Leaders - The Realms of Trinity run and host the Neverwinter Nights Podcast, which covers everything Neverwinter. Check us out at Link Getting Started in The Realms of Trinity
Features found ONLY on the Realms of Trinity
RP Reward System
To enable RP award processing for your PC, you must be in RP Mode. ONLY local, whispers, and party chats will be processed. To turn on RP mode, click the RP mode button on the XP status bar. The status bar also keeps a running total of RP XP rewards that your character has received since character creation. Every hour the system will scan your text for good keywords and bad keywords. Any line of chat that has at least 1 good key word will be given a bonus per keyword. If a line of chat contains more than 1 good keyword, the benefit will stack up to 5 keywords. If a line of RP chat contains a bad key word, such as profanity, metagaming terms, certain slang, or generally anything that doesn't belong in RP, you will receive a 25 XP penalty and it will stack for each instance.
Personal Difficulty Options - Choose your ROT experience!
Options at Character Creation:
In an effort to help new players that are not familiar to ROT or would prefer an easier time soloing through the game as it stands, we have added the following new feature to ROT:
After you create your character, you will enter the void, before entering the portal and beginning the game, you will be given the option to choose, easy or normal difficulty. If you pick normal, nothing at all changes for you now or ever for that character. However, if you pick easy, you will get the following and the following:
- Get 5 free permanent ability score bonuses, applied any way you wish.
- Get 25,000 gp to start ( 1,500 gp for standard difficulty )
- Start with 8,000 xp ( 3,975 xp for standard difficulty )
- Get 85% gold total from kills.
Extreme Difficulty Mode
The extreme difficulty toggle mode is available for any character. The setting can be enabled by a simple click of the EX icon on the RoT HUD and will be saved by character in the the database, so that you won't have to turn it off/on every time you login. Using this feature is totally optional, however, be aware by using it in parties only you get the XP bonuses for the difficulty setting. Only individuals with the extreme setting on will receive the bonus XP.
When you enter an area with the Extreme Difficulty setting on, the mobs in the are will beef up. A "beefed" up monster will have (EX) at the end of its name and will return to normal name once it de-beefs. When you leave the area, any remaining creatures will be de-"beefed". Any creature that spawns in while you are in the area, will beef up within 6 seconds. Upon killing a creature "beefed" you will receive additional XP regardless of ER level.
The Realms of Trinity is a living and breathing world that changes daily!
RoT utilizes the SSR (Spawning System Randomizer), which is a new spawning technology that we have designed and developed that makes use of our Database hookup and allows REAL TIME changes to the world in game from outside of game. So in essence, one day you come across a pack of goblins. Another day, you might come across a group of bandits or even no one at all. You will never know what to expect where and with the above mentioned system with this, ROT will remain fun and fresh as humanly possible.
The Server is listed under Role Play, Direct Connect: server.realmsoftrinity.com
More Server Optimizations
The server is now(technically) split into two instances. You won't see much of a difference since you're ported from one server to the other automatically(ie, some areas are hosted on the second server and others are on the original). Shouts and tells can be done across servers(ex, you're on server 1 and you can send a tell to someone on server 2).
The point of this is that we now have a lot of memory(ram) to spare(since nwn2 is 32 bits, it was a big problem). We can add more areas, cache scripts & etc without having to grind our teeth.
Realms of trinity now has its own wikia! Check it outtt!
Permanent Open Beta Server
Players on the beta server get max banked experience and gold to test out their builds before dedicating hours of gameplay to them. This is great for those that are new to the server, and aren't sure of what builds that they want to play. For more details;
We've got a full line of customized throwing weapon skills and weapons. Check it out here;
5 Years ago today, The Realms of Trinity hosted it's first player. We went live at 9:05 PM EST on 9/6/2008. The server consisted of 7 Chapters of ROT1...
Plus: Win some awesome Obsidian Entertainment prize packs.