RCOM Final Features
Note that this list addresses features for the Final RCOM release. The RCOM Final content is quite expanded from than the BETA v.1.0.6 from last year, which is still available for download. More information on the Beta v.1.0.6's features are available in its Readme file included with the download.
RCOM Zone Expansions
- 11 new levels ported from "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky" are added in addition to the Call of Pripyat levels
- Dark Valley
- Agroprom Underground
- Military Warehouses
- Red Forest
- The Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant
- 3 additional factions are introduced in RCOM. Each has their own mission, story, and gameplay purpose in RCOM.
- NATO Faction. 4 different countries best have been sent into the zone. Not much is known about them, except they are extremely dangerous and its best for STALKER's to stay as far away from them as possible.
- Neo Faction. This group of Neo-Nazis have used the zone as an asylum to slowly expand from a small handful of Fascist advocates, to a formidable and strong-willed faction. Larger factions aren't too worried about them, but Loners and small groups of STALKER's are opting to sleep with their other eye open as well.
- Renegade Faction. These zone wanderers were introduced briefly in Clear Sky, although for RCOM they have been completely reworked. They now don't look identical to bandits, and they also make Bandits seem like the Zone's peace core in comparison. They are completely devoid or morals, ethics, or any sort of Stalker code. A Stalker is better off to put a bullet in his own head if he outnumbered by Renegades, if only to avoid what they'll do to a live victim.
- Guns are much more accurate, and have a plethora a data taken from their real life counterparts. Overall, the idea has been to make the combat in RCOM as realistic as possible, without breaking gameplay or making the game tedious.
- Long range combat is now a very viable option. Staying hidden and avoiding difficult environmental disadvantages is key to survival.
- Guns don't zoom in as far, and the Field of View of everything is pulled back to the distance it was in Clear Sky. Guns zoom has to do with their type. pistols and shotguns barely zoom, SMG's a bit, Carbines a bit more, Rifles a bit more, and Scoped weapons the furthest.
- Realistic weapon physics impulses; people don't flying super far when shot
- Stalkers will now die in as little as one well placed shot with the appropriate gun, ammo type, and armor type. That works two ways though, so don't get too brave. All armors and damages benefit NPCs just as much as they do the player.
RCOM Additional Guns
- There will be several new firearms included in RCOM.
- Specific NPCS will also posses unique weapons that no other Stalker in the zone has. Those who like to collect every weapon in the game may be faced with hard decisions, though, when it comes time to do what is required to get every last weapon.