Quake Remake Upgrade it's a small project, which aim is to help you with using of different HD contents (already created for original Quake game by its' fans) in Quake Remake. Because of differences between Xash3D (the engine of Quake Remake) and those engines, which are intended to use new HD resources (e. g. models and textures) with Quake, you cannot use such contents directly in Quake Remake. So you can find here already adapted and easy-to-use packs of models and textures for Quake Remake. All credits are going to ID Software and to respective authors of initial models and textures. You can find details about authors with every separate pack for download.
It's a set of new alternative models by different authors, converted from initial Quake .mdl format to Half-Life .mdl format for using in "Quake Remake" game (powered by Xash3D Engine). Textures for all the models are also included (diffuse maps only, because "Quake Remake" doesn't support normal maps etc.).
Free for private non-commercial using. Do not distribute as a part of any shitty mods and packs, especially without proper credits, LOL.
- ID Software - original "Quake" game, models, textures & animations.
- My-Key - models & textures of grenade and missile for "Quake".
- OoPpEe - models & textures of laser and v_spike for "Quake".
- Rygel - models of bolts, models & textures of invulner and gibs for "Quake".
- PrimeviL (probably) - initial HD texture of backpack for "Quake".
- Unknown (possibly Ruohis) - models & textures of backpack and quaddama for "Quake".
- Quake Remake team - "Quake Remake" game, skeletal animations of models.
- Qwertyus - editing and porting of all included content to the "Quake Remake" compatible format.
How to use:
- Locate a main directory, where your "Quake Remake" game have been installed, and open a folder inside it, named "ID1".
- Extract all the content from this archive to the "ID1" folder, with overwriting of any existing folders & files.
- Run your "Quake Remake" game and make sure that you have enabled an "Allow materials" checkbox in a "Video options" dialog screen of the in-game menu. If you didn't enable this checkbox before, restart your game to take an effect (for using of full-color HD textures from "materials" folder).
- Play your game and have fun!
P. S. All HD-textures for models in this pack (.tga-files, placed in "materials\models" folder) have an "HD" suffix in their names. For some models are also included alternative versions of default textures, with "HD_alt" suffix in their names. If you want to use in the game an alternative version of any texture, you need to replace a default texture (*HD.tga) with an alternative one (*HD_alt.tga) by renaming of their file names. It's recommended to use external HD textures for bolts' models from "QRU: Better FX pack".