The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
Quake Remake Upgrade it's a small project, which aim is to help you with using of different HD contents (already created for original Quake game by its' fans) in Quake Remake. Because of differences between Xash3D (the engine of Quake Remake) and those engines, which are intended to use new HD resources (e. g. models and textures) with Quake, you cannot use such contents directly in Quake Remake. So you can find here already adapted and easy-to-use packs of models and textures for Quake Remake. All credits are going to ID Software and to respective authors of initial models and textures. You can find details about authors with every separate pack for download.
It's a set of high quality textures & sprites by different authors, created or modified for using with "Quake Remake". This pack is containing new blood, gibs, lightning, fire & explosion effects, plus two textures for keys.
Free for private non-commercial using. Do not distribute as a part of any shitty mods and packs, especially without proper credits, LOL.
- ID Software - original "Quake" game, models, textures & animations.
- PrimeEvil, OSJC, Ruohis - textures for default LD models of human gibs.
- Quake Retexturing/Revitalization Project - textures for default LD models of crate gibs and lavaball.
- Blacknight aka XLR8 - Extreme Comic Blood (for Counter-Strike: Source) for red blood decals.
- dDefinder - Enhanced Blood Textures (for TESV: Skyrim) for yellow blood decals.
- Unknown authors - blood & explosion sprites, textures for default LD models of keys (silver & gold).
- Quake Remake team - "Quake Remake" game, converted models with skeletal animations.
- Qwertyus - flame and lightning textures, editing and porting of all included content to the "Quake Remake" compatible format.
How to use:
- Locate a main directory, where your "Quake Remake" game have been installed, and open a folder inside it, named "ID1".
- Extract all the content from this archive to the "ID1" folder, with overwriting of any existing folders & files.
- Run your "Quake Remake" game and make sure that you have enabled an "Allow materials" checkbox in a "Video options" dialog screen of the in-game menu. If you didn't enable this checkbox before, restart your game to take an effect (for using of full-color HD textures from "materials" folder).
- Play your game and have fun!
P. S. All HD-textures in this pack (.tga-files, placed in "materials\models" folder) are compatible with default low definition models of "Quake Remake". But it's recommended to use models from "QRU: Fixed LD models" pack, because theirs UV-maps are more suitable for these textures, and they are using a fullbright mode for glowing effect on them. Lightning textures are also compatible with corresponding HD-models, which are included in other packs of QRU project.