The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
Quake Remake Upgrade it's a small project, which aim is to help you with using of different HD contents (already created for original Quake game by its' fans) in Quake Remake. Because of differences between Xash3D (the engine of Quake Remake) and those engines, which are intended to use new HD resources (e. g. models and textures) with Quake, you cannot use such contents directly in Quake Remake. So you can find here already adapted and easy-to-use packs of models and textures for Quake Remake. All credits are going to ID Software and to respective authors of initial models and textures. You can find details about authors with every separate pack for download.
It's a low deiniton models pack for using in "Quake Remake". Original models in "Quake Remake" have a lot of different lacks (some of them came from initial "Quake" models), and many of them were fixed in this pack. There is also included a new set of sprite muzzleflashes for weapons (and monsters). This pack is highly recommended to use with other parts of Quake Remake Upgrade project, which are containing a set of HD-textures for LD-models.
- Precise UV-maps for proper texture mapping of built-in textures;
- UV-maps now are more suited for using of different existing HD-textures for original "Quake" models as external HD-textures in "Quake Remake";
- A most part of static models and weapons have fixed geometry of their meshes (used a content of Orion Debug Models pack for "Quake");
- Used a "fullbright" mode for some model textures (special new feature of Xash3D Engine and Xash MDL Compiller) for creating a cool glowing effect on them (which is kindly suitable for them);
- Fixed hitboxes for static models and weapons;
- Fixed type, size and position of muzzleflashes for first person view weapons and for some shooting monsters.
Free for private non-commercial using. Do not distribute as a part of any shitty mods and packs, especially without proper credits, LOL.
- ID Software - original "Quake" game, models, textures & animations.
- Orion - Orion Debug Models pack for "Quake".
- Quake Remake team - "Quake Remake" game, converted models with skeletal animations.
- Qwertyus - editing and porting of all included content to the "Quake Remake" compatible format.
How to use:
- Locate a main directory, where your "Quake Remake" game have been installed, and open a folder inside it, named "ID1".
- Extract all the content from this archive to the "ID1" folder, with overwriting of any existing folders & files.
- Play your game and have fun!
P. S. There is one alternative version of Wizard monster included, wizard_alt.mdl. If you want to try it in game, rename it to wizard.mdl and replace default model with it. This model have a special muzzleflash event on attack animation, linked to muzzleflash3.spr. So you can see this muzzleflash before the monster attacks you.