It's a set of new alternative models by different authors, converted from initial Quake .mdl format to Half-Life .mdl format for using in "Quake Remake...
The game you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this game, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
Hi, all (except of few inadequate haters :p)!
We are glad to introduce you a modest remake of the legendary game Quake by id Software. Quake Remake has been released by a team of Quake fans led by main Xash3D Engine developer, Unkle Mike. It's not that kind of ambitious projects like Darkplaces etc., it's more like a project of porting the game to the different engine, just for fun and for interests of modding community. Quake Remake allows you not only to play a great game using the new engine, but also to create a Quake-styled mods (and even games) using GoldSource and XashXT tools, map model and texture formats, plus it adds new gameplay posibilities, unsupported by original Quake.
Here is a list of GoldSource features which you can see in Quake Remake:
- skeletal animation
- sprite muzzleflashes
- blood decals
- transparent water- screen shakes during explosions
- MP3 soundtrack
Quake Remake is based on Xash3D Engine.
- It allows you to use HD models and textures, so existing model and texture packs for Quake could be adapted for Quake Remake. Xash3D Engine also gives you a posibility to implement new renders into the game, and even to use third-party physics engines.
- It supports recording and playing of gameplay demos. Use console command "record demo_name", or just "record" to start recording, "stop" to finish and "playdemo demo_name" to view recorded demo.
- Some important Quake-specific features like luma textures and support of Quake map format were specially added in Xash3D Engine, to make Quake Remake very close to its' old famous origin.
Quake Remake is open-source project, so feel free to experiment!
- If you interested, just download the developers' kit.
Quake Remake contains full Quake storyline.
- Four episodes, epic ending, three difficulty settings, original monsters, bosses, weapons, items and secret places.
- Multiplayer is also available.
We hope you enjoy it!
P. S. If you're interested in HD content for Quake Remake, check Quake Remake Upgrade, a project of porting some of existing fan works from Quake to Quake Remake-compatible format.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.