"Naferia's Reign: Invasion of the Dark Mistress" is a 12-1/2 year long project for the BUILD-engine title "Duke Nukem 3D", though not all of those year had progress due to HDD failures destroying older versions.
It is hard to put this mod into anything like a one-line summary, as it can't do the feature list here justice. :P
One of the chief features of NR is the RPG-style mechanics mixed with traditional style FPS gaming, such as having improvable stats for Health/Armor/Attack/Defense/Speed, and being able to level up. Other elements include an extended inventory system to carry lots of items. Status buffs/ailments are present as well. But the most important feature of the RPG-style system is by far the multiple-character system. Unlike Hexen and it's ilk where you choose one character to use for the entire game, in NR you find new characters and increase the size of your group and can switch between them at will.
- Play as Duke Nukem and up to 14 additional characters, each with their own special abilities and such. All of these characters are also in one large party, RPG-style, not like Hexen's method of selecting 'classes'.
- Monster interactivity is improved. Monsters can now drown, take damage from slime, pick up health and armor, and even pick up powerups laying around.
- Players and Monsters alike may level up and increase their stats as they fight.
- TEN difficulty levels from "Eat it Boy, Eat it!" to "The End of Your Destiny"
- Customized menu system from choosing your characters, looking through your items and other methods.
- Several classic-Duke3D bug fixes, including "teleporting Trooper damage", "Shrunken monster damage" and more.
- Status Ailments and Buffs for players [monsters might come later]
- More you will need to check out the site and play to game to discover!
- Numeric Keypads can be used for accessing doors and security. [NEW in 4.82]
- Hand Scanner switches allow to limit switch access to only one or a couple of specific characters per scanner. [NEW in 4.82]
- Four new keycard colors(Blood, Brown, Green, Silver), and two new keypad readers to support these new colors. [NEW in 4.82]
- Airbubbles will restore your air supply underwater as well as your scuba gear. [NEW in 4.85]
- Shops are now available in the game [via the DEALER actor for now] [NEW in 4.85]
- Fall-damage system revamped to be more like classic Duke again. [NEW in 4.85]
- New Radar System that displays actors on the overhead view as arrows. An item must be found to use it though[MERCURYCOMPUTER]. [NEW in 4.88]
- The displays for the basic stats and the menus and shops are changed and optimized for better clarity and less obstructions and more user-friendliness in general. [NEW in 4.88]
Recreated versions of the original damagefloor textures that can be quickly utilized by placing an INITIALIZER[#17] sprite in a map. [NEW in 4.88]
- Most Pickups in the Game can now be stored to your inventory for later use if needed. [NEW IN 5.11]
- Drivable Vehicles: Empty Pigcop Riot Tanks can be found and driven in three different colors: Green, Blue and Red. Each has their own pair of attacks and other functionalities. [NEW IN 5.12]
Requires EDuke32 [included in downloads] to play.
The HRP is not required to play this at the time, although there is since January of 2010 an HRP download for NR itself.
This mod is not made for Multi-Player. The game will go out of sync if so.
It is highly recommended to play at at least a resolution of 1024x768 or greater so the displays don't look too large.
Note: Go to the homepage for the most recent downloads first. >.>
I wanted to get this cleared up since I was convinced to by friends to use github for updating NR-IotDM for now. The version is still techincally 5.22 right now, but there's new stuff to look into, including stuff like widescreen support, a new character skill, an equipment-slot limit extension item, and more.
- go here for the HRP's github. Do be warned the HRP doesn't have a full out readme set up for it yet, so you'll have to make due in figuring how to make the game detect it until I can get better instructions set up. The HRP is a distant sideproject, so support for it is minimal at the moment. It will work if you can set up your duke3d.def and/or duke32_hrp.def right and add the correct paths to the four .def files in the main HRP folder for the mod.
Again, real life is just a pain in the buttocks man. x.x That and expanding my gaming horizions and the occasional streaming as well, and other stuff...
New update to Naferia's Reign. Some changes include near items and a new 'freezing' weather system, among many other changes.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The Hi-Res pack of NR. Does not including the normal Duke Nukem 3D HRP, so you must get it seperately. :P
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.