The next release of our flagship mod - Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.1 - is shaping up nicely with lots of work put by our developers.
Here is the summary of what happened since the last progress update:
MTA:SA code changes:
- new main menu*:
- added new default GUI template
- added news headlines - also available in 1.0.5
- added support for custom GUI skins
- new server browser*
- support for unicode text - ingame and in scripts. You might have to convert the encoding in your current 1.0 scripts to 1.1 to UTF-8 BOM.
- performance improvements:
- MTASA client start up and loading times were drastically reduced (comparison available)*
- improved average fps and increased glitchless fps limit from 46 to 70 - also available in 1.0.5+
- new features:
- added a possibility to change antialiasing and mipmapping setting within MTASA
- Aero fix for Windows Vista/7 users - if you are bothered with the forced change of your Windows Aero scheme to Windows Basic everytime you launch MTASA, you can use an option in MTASA settings to make it stick with the Aero scheme
- random player name generator - this feature picks a randomly generated player nickname upon your first MTASA 1.1 install, which should prevent people from having the same default nickname (and maybe encourage them to actually change it :p )
- various changes in linux server compilation schemes
- international subforums - launched last December
- over 1200 members in our Steam Group ( Steamcommunity.com )
- over 120000 unique MTASA players in April
- new player record - 4172 concurrent players on: 2011 May Sun 1st 17:00 UTC
If you would like to find out more about the points marked with a star ( * ), please watch the video below (HD version available!):
Until the next update.