Return to the magical Island of Vvardenfell once more in this huge overhaul, Morrowind Rebirth. Find new enemies to fight, new exciting areas to explore, access new weapons and a brave new world to explore. Whatever you do, you'll be sure to find something new and interesting in nearly every corner of Vvardenfell.
Here's a short preview of what to expect in the upcoming patch, suggestions and feedback are welcome!
Posted by trancemaster_1988 on Feb 3rd, 2012
* Three new books
* Fixes a number of issues like the missplaced velothi tower outside Vivec, missing
soundfiles for the swamp troll, a bunch of floaters and other small misstakes.
* Added a negative enhancement when using the Dagoth armor set. Each piece gives - 5 in
personality. I would like to add a script making guards attack you when using it, but it's
sadly out of my scope.
* You will no longer be able to run with lightning-speed at higher levels. You will be able to
run pretty fast, but not close to vanilla.
* Some of you might have noticed that Dren Plantation is very FPS heavy. I had to reduce the number of references, which should make this area a bit smoother.
* New enchatments for Kagrenac's Helmet and Morian Zenas Helmet.
* Found it kinda strange that you could posion dwemer constructs, paralyze them or even make them catch a disease? Well no longer. They're now immune to these effects. But due to the steam technology they're vulnerable against frost spells.
- Immune to shock
- Immune to poison
- Immune to paralyze
- Immune to disease
- Weakness to frost 60 %
* Removed floaters, missaligned stuff and texture seams all over the gameworld, but mainly around West Gash & Ascadian Isles.
* I've tried to make the area around Seyda Neen more swampy with more trees', mushrooms & fern.
* Further progress with the Gnaar Mok rebuild (still WIP, I hope to have a final version for 1.7)
* Some minor changes in Suran, Balmora, Gnisis, Caldera & Ebonheart. Mainly fixing floaters, broken pathgrids and such.
* New store (alchemist) in Pelagiad.
* New warehouse in Buckmoth Legion Fort.
* Reworked the Morag Tong HQ in Balmora.
* New luxurious bedroom for duke Vedam Dren + some changes in the Grand Coucil Hall.
* South Wall Cornerclub is now actually worth a visit and it looks like a real theives guild hideout.
* Thieves Guild Armor.
* New model & texture for the muffin.
* Modified the ash-scorpion skin with a darker tone. Now it blends in way better with the landscape.
* New texture for Roobrush & Chokeweed.
* The Highlands, a new explorer track by Rich Douglas.
* There's a new folder included in 1.6 (New visual enhancements). This will contain several
things that will improve Morrowind graphics in different ways, but mainly fixing broken vanilla meshes.You don't need these enhancements to run Morrowind Rebirth, they're opinial (and experimental)
+ A bunch of other additions & improvements. You'll have to wait and see for yourself.