Men of War is probably the best ww2 strategy game on the market, but it lacks most of all one thing: a skirmish mode where you can have huge battles against an AI player. It is a shame that you have so many units available that you can rarely use in the campaigns. Battlefield mode is a unique skirmish mode, more advanced than those you can find in Assault Squad, whose objectives are the following: • Create a challenging single player skirmish with a great variety of battles. • Build a sandbox to allow inexperienced players to set up their own scenario quickly given a prebuilt map.
Download link to the new Release 1.0 patch. The patch is a standalone version, which means you DON'T have to install any previous version of the mod to play it. NOTE: The download mirror might not be available immediately, so just be patient.
The new version is out. I felt like promoting the mod to RELEASE from BETA, since now all the factions are out and I have a decent AI (hopfully it will be decent also for you).
*** Delete all previous versions of Global War ***
Unzip the file in the Mods folder of Men of War. If it does not exist, create it and then unzip the mod there. Start Men of War, go to Option, then go to the MOD tab. There look for the mod in the left list, select it and use the arrow to move to the right list. Press Apply.
UNLOCKING ALL BATTLEFIELD MAPS:
1. Navigate to Documents/MyGames/men of war folder/profiles/your_profile
2. IMPORTANT!!! Back up your game_progress.set file, otherwise you will lose any other progress with other campaigns/mods.
3. Overwrite the game_progress.set file with the one provided with Global War (you can find it inside the mod folder).
- Reworked Battlefield mode AI. Now the AI will pay for its reinforcements just like a human player, choose what to deploy according
to the strategy of the human player, and how using the support operations.
- StuG III Ausf. B cost decreased to 350.
- Jagdtiger cost decreased to 1800.
- British AT jeep now has ammo for the heavy machinegun.
- Soviet 61k and British Bofors AA gun rounds increased to 1000.
- Soviet conscripts are now all armed with Mosin rifles.
- Enabled Panzergrenadiere for all Germany Support Commands.
- Enabled Sturmtruppen for Infantry Support Command and removed them from Panzergruppe Support Command.
- Changed the penetration table: previous versions used a linear penetration table where a distance of 10 correspondend to 100m and 50 to 500m
in a real environment now it is non-linear with 25 ~ 100m, 75 ~ 500m, 100 ~ 1000m, 150 ~ 1500m, 200 ~ 2000m.
- Removed Louvain map (I am planning to add a full set of winter maps with correct camos in a future version).
- Added Oderbruch map.