Men of War is probably the best ww2 strategy game on the market, but it lacks most of all one thing: a skirmish mode where you can have huge battles against an AI player. It is a shame that you have so many units available that you can rarely use in the campaigns. Battlefield mode is a unique skirmish mode, more advanced than those you can find in Assault Squad, whose objectives are the following: • Create a challenging single player skirmish with a great variety of battles. • Build a sandbox to allow inexperienced players to set up their own scenario quickly given a prebuilt map.
Download link to the new Beta 2.5 patch. The patch is a standalone version, which means you DON'T have to install any previous version of the mod to play it. NOTE: The download mirror might not be available immediately, so just be patient
*** Delete all previous versions of Global War ***
Unzip the file in the Mods folder of Men of War. If it does not exist, create it and then unzip the mod there. Start Men of War, go to Option, then go to the MOD tab. There look for the mod in the left list, select it and use the arrow to move to the right list. Press Apply.
- Major change in Battlefield Mode: now tech points and support points are stacked over time rather than given immediately when you conquer a point.
Of course unit tech requirements have been increased. This was made to give more importance to early units and to allow a player to counter attack
his enemy even if he loses a big portion of the map.
- Points resource incomes changed to best fit the new resource system (for example now the middle won't provide you with any tech points but it will
grant you a lot of support points).
- Fixed the missing MK II Damlier reinforcements for the Commonwealth.
- Fixed the Jagdtiger PaK 44 range.
- Released Villers-Bocage battlefield map.