Men of War is probably the best ww2 strategy game on the market, but it lacks most of all one thing: a skirmish mode where you can have huge battles against an AI player. It is a shame that you have so many units available that you can rarely use in the campaigns. Battlefield mode is a unique skirmish mode, more advanced than those you can find in Assault Squad, whose objectives are the following: • Create a challenging single player skirmish with a great variety of battles. • Build a sandbox to allow inexperienced players to set up their own scenario quickly given a prebuilt map.
Download link to the new Beta 2.0 patch. The patch is a standalone version, which means you DON'T have to install any previous version of the mod to play it. NOTE: The download mirror might not be available immediately, so just be patient
*** Delete all previous versions of Global War ***
Unzip the file in the Mods folder of Men of War. If it does not exist, create it and then unzip the mod there. Start Men of War, go to Option, then go to the MOD tab. There look for the mod in the left list, select it and use the arrow to move to the right list. Press Apply.
- Released the UK faction.
- Released 2 new battlefield maps (Louvain and Tessel - thanks to Bassmaniac for the latter one).
- Fixed a bug which prevented the Wehrmacht AI to deploy airborne Fallschirmjagers.
- AI now can use artillery barrage properly (if the chosen support allows it).
- Fixed double infantry squad call in for the Wehrmacht AI at the beginning of the game.
- Added a new skin for the Pz.Kpfw. Ausf. E (s.Pz.Abt. support). Thanks to Santicapo801.
- Added Sd.Kfz. 222, Sd.Kfz. 223 and Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. L (replacing the Sd.Kfz. 222 in the Panzergruppe support command) for Germany.
- Fixed the missing 88mm AP shells in the Wehrmacht supply truck.
- Fixed a bug which made the Wehrmacht AI to target own units instead of enemy units with the strategic artillery strike in the Artillery Bridgade Support.
- Rebalanced the USA AI.