** THIS MOD IS OFFICIALLY ON INDETERMINATE HIATUS. **
(It's not officially dead, but no guarantees.)
Marines of UAC for Doom 2 or Final Doom.
For more info and updates please visit www.freewebs.com/mouac
CHECK OUT THE SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEOS.
- Completely new story-driven single player episode, with no individual missions and classic "levels", but instead constant, flowing gameplay through many environments
- EDGE capabilities used to full extent, with dynamic lighting, hi-res sprite-based particle effects, advanced weaponry, 3d floors and objects and more
- Boot Camp training level where you will learn all the new skills and combat style required to get the most out of Marines of UAC
- A whole slew of new weapons whose specific effects will be seen on the enemies you attack
- Doom enemies like you've never seen them before, with enhanced animation, effects and abilities
- Realistic use of ambient sound and sound direction
- Complex scripted sequences and voice acting play out the story and keep up the fast pace throughout the episode
- Team up with fellow marines, UAC scientists or whoever you else you can find along the way to help you progress through the episode
- Features a dynamically-introduced CD-quality soundtrack that plays at key moments in the game
Hey! Just to let you know, if you've been following this mod, there are some new screenshots for you to check out. Unfortunately, they really don't capture the dynamic nature of the game and I'm hoping to put up a trailer for this mod soon.
In other GREAT news, new talent is being added to the Marines of UAC team! Currently it is undecided what the nicknames will be that they will use so I can't say who they are just yet. For now, Just know that with their help the production speed of MoUAC should increase tenfold. The ambitions of the mod have been raised even higher because of these additions, meaning you can expect not only a sooner final product, but a much better one as well. A certain high degree of professionalism and quality control are going forward to ensure the merit of this mod.
We seek to do something with the Doom/EDGE engine that has never been done before. And we seek to also make this the most complete and playable Doom mod EVER. It's also going to be hella fun.