The L.U.R.K. team wants to provide the best possible experience from Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, we don't plan to skew the scope of this game, because I, like many others, fell in love with the game because of the story, the realistic gameplay, and the atmosphere. I plan to preserve and improve on that concept to the best of my abilities, and our team has vowed to do so as well. Which is why we took it upon ourselves to provide that experience. We want to fulfill a niche that's otherwise unfulfilled in the modding community. We want to bring as many features to Stalker without damaging or changing the original theme of the game. While improving upon that concept with features that were dropped off the development cycle from GSC, such as stealth AI, and a strong foundation for balance, as well as dynamic A-Life, and an unprecedented visual presentation that no other Stalker Overhaul can touch.

Forum Thread
What Are You Doing Whilst Waiting for 1.1? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl : Mods : L.U.R.K. : Forum : Questions : What Are You Doing Whilst Waiting for 1.1?) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 14 2010 Anchor

As you can see by the title, this isn't really a question about L.U.R.K. in general, but rather what you guys are doing while you're waiting for 1.1 to finally show its head? It doesn't have to be S.T.A.L.K.E.R. related, just anything.

As for me, mine is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. related. I'm playing both SoC and CoP. With SoC, I'm playing a modified version of SC 2009 that I made myself. It's basically SC 2009 with the Stalker Re-Animation Project (that has AMK weapon values for damage and accuracy), the Priboi Story Blowout system, tweaked Sky4CE shaders (more in-line with L.U.R.K.'s settings), and my own custom made user.ltx to finish it off (so it's not so goddamn bright :O).

And for CoP, it's Atmosfear 1.3, CoP Sound Overhaul 1.2, Ceano's Graphic Compilation, and other various little tweaks. I also switched the FOV to 75 degrees instead of 55.

So what are you guys doin'? :?

And if this isn't allowed, meh. It'll be taken down anyways.

Mar 14 2010 Anchor

What's left to do in 1.1 and is there an eta?

Mar 15 2010 Anchor

Pjstaab wrote: What's left to do in 1.1 and is there an eta?

I don't know, and when it's done.

I'm not part of the L.U.R.K. team, so don't ask me. And, funny thing is, I wouldn't ask them either, because I'm sure they've heard enough of it already.

Mar 15 2010 Anchor

Playing vanilla CoP here. As good as CoP is wrt SoC, SoC+LURK still beat it hands down.

Even the end sucks in a certain way doesn't it - that nonsense with Garry disappearing and soon the doors locking you out so you can only do the final mission is just the typical crap from GSC.

Oh well, at least I can get an F2000 before the final mission and without cheats...

Anyone found an RG-6 anywhere btw? I have finished the game 3 times now and I suspect they simply removed it.

Mar 15 2010 Anchor

Rahu_X wrote: I don't know, and when it's done.

I'm not part of the L.U.R.K. team, so don't ask me. And, funny thing is, I wouldn't ask them either, because I'm sure they've heard enough of it already.

Saw that one coming. I was just wondering if maybe it was expected next week or something.

Mar 15 2010 Anchor

I'm playing through Call of Pripyat with the SMRTER mod and the God of the Zone / Zone Granter add-on.

tactica: The RG-6 should be in CoP, but I'm noticing that the best guns are unusually hard to find in CoP. You could always spawn one with GotZ, if you don't mind cheating just one time. If anyone's interested I'll find the link to the English-translated God of the Zone add-on. I can't vouch for its' compatibility with every mod out there, but I know for sure it works with SMRTER - it just can't spawn the SMRTER/AMK items, only vanilla CoP ones. Still a very nice add-on, IMO. Fast travel dialogs, anomaly spawner, artifact spawner, item spawner, etc.

Mar 23 2010 Anchor

For me, I seriously check on this mod at least once a day. I'm looking at this mod as a brand new game haha. But while I'm waiting, I play SoC with SC2009 and CS with the Clear Sky Complete beta. Rahu_X, you mentioned that you use modified shaders for SC2009. The really annoying thing about SC2009 for me is the shaders/shadows in it. LURK has amazing shaders that make the shadows have detail for long distances, but in SC2009 they just "pop" in a couple of feet in front of you. Is there a way to use LURK's shaders for SC2009?

Mar 23 2010 Anchor

CdP5624 wrote: For me, I seriously check on this mod at least once a day. I'm looking at this mod as a brand new game haha. But while I'm waiting, I play SoC with SC2009 and CS with the Clear Sky Complete beta. Rahu_X, you mentioned that you use modified shaders for SC2009. The really annoying thing about SC2009 for me is the shaders/shadows in it. LURK has amazing shaders that make the shadows have detail for long distances, but in SC2009 they just "pop" in a couple of feet in front of you. Is there a way to use LURK's shaders for SC2009?

Yes. Just delete the shaders folder from SC2009, take the shaders folder from L.U.R.K., and place that folder in place of where the old shaders folder used to be. Tweak the settings to you liking and there you go.

Mar 23 2010 Anchor

Well I tried using those shaders, but the shadows still had to render right when I got next to them. I'm not sure why that didn't work because I put the whole folder in. I also noticed a couple of "shader conflicts" in the console while I was playing so maybe that might be the reason?

Edited by: JPJ5624

Mar 24 2010 Anchor

Same as Holden; playing BF: Bad Company 2

Mar 25 2010 Anchor

I've been playing Machinarium, Bioshock, World of Goo and GTA IV.

Mar 29 2010 Anchor

tactica wrote: Playing vanilla CoP here. As good as CoP is wrt SoC, SoC+LURK still beat it hands down.

Even the end sucks in a certain way doesn't it - that nonsense with Garry disappearing and soon the doors locking you out so you can only do the final mission is just the typical crap from GSC.

Oh well, at least I can get an F2000 before the final mission and without cheats...

Anyone found an RG-6 anywhere btw? I have finished the game 3 times now and I suspect they simply removed it.

I've seen Owl carrying it a fair few times. Didn't bother picking it up though, so I've no idea how expensive it is. Granted taking a few minutes and running through each anomalous usually lands me about 100 grand or so, usually more.

Apr 3 2010 Anchor

Playing Priboi Story, looking at build 1935 and other things.

Apr 22 2010 Anchor

Well when 1.1 comes out (19 days late on the topic, but oh well :P) I'll probably have to stop working on FRS for a week or two xD

But, right now I'm working on The Hunted, playing Global Agenda, Metro 2033, and just picked up a copy of Vampire the Masquerade so, here's hoping it was worth the 12.99 :P

Jun 9 2010 Anchor

I've been contemplating suicide while large amounts of vodka. :de: :cry: :beer:

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.