The L.U.R.K. team wants to provide the best possible experience from Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, we don't plan to skew the scope of this game, because I, like many others, fell in love with the game because of the story, the realistic gameplay, and the atmosphere. I plan to preserve and improve on that concept to the best of my abilities, and our team has vowed to do so as well. Which is why we took it upon ourselves to provide that experience. We want to fulfill a niche that's otherwise unfulfilled in the modding community. We want to bring as many features to Stalker without damaging or changing the original theme of the game. While improving upon that concept with features that were dropped off the development cycle from GSC, such as stealth AI, and a strong foundation for balance, as well as dynamic A-Life, and an unprecedented visual presentation that no other Stalker Overhaul can touch.

Forum Thread
Does LURK remove the SSP-99 for saving Kruglov? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl : Mods : L.U.R.K. : Forum : Questions : Does LURK remove the SSP-99 for saving Kruglov?) Locked
Thread Options
May 29 2011 Anchor

I saved Kruglov, and he told me that Sakharov had something for me. Sakharov then said he was giving me a new suit (supposed to be the SSP-99), but it wasn't addedto my inventory. Is this a bug with LURK (1.1), or is it just one of the many things LURK changes. If it is a change, then it's odd that the dialog was left in. Also, I can'tcomplete the mission in lab X-16 on master difficulty. I can get into the laboratory, but as soon as I get to the emitter room, I die pretty much instantly. No amount of medkits helps. Sakharov says something about a protection mechanism and a timer, but I have no idea what he is talking about. Is it supposed to be related to the suit?All I know is that nothing protects me. I did find another SSP-99 in the emitter room by setting difficulty to novice and exploring, but once I go back to master, I'm deadpretty much instantly.

Oh hey, it looks like Kruglov is supposed to offer you a mission to take radiation measurements in the area, and you get a psi helmet for that. He isn't giving me an option for this either.

Edited by: gamadaya

Jun 10 2011 Anchor

Yes, its a known correction the team has to make, thank you for pointing it out and reminding us.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.