The L.U.R.K. team wants to provide the best possible experience from Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, we don't plan to skew the scope of this game, because I, like many others, fell in love with the game because of the story, the realistic gameplay, and the atmosphere. I plan to preserve and improve on that concept to the best of my abilities, and our team has vowed to do so as well. Which is why we took it upon ourselves to provide that experience. We want to fulfill a niche that's otherwise unfulfilled in the modding community. We want to bring as many features to Stalker without damaging or changing the original theme of the game. While improving upon that concept with features that were dropped off the development cycle from GSC, such as stealth AI, and a strong foundation for balance, as well as dynamic A-Life, and an unprecedented visual presentation that no other Stalker Overhaul can touch.

Forum Thread
Did any one prefer 1.05? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl : Mods : L.U.R.K. : Forum : Questions : Did any one prefer 1.05?) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 24 2010 Anchor

I've put in several hours into 1.1 (with patch and on master), and yes it is a great mod, it's very impressive, but i keep finding myself getting annoyed at many different things, i can't recall getting annoyed with 1.05 at all, probably did, but nothing set like cement in my memory.

e.g.

1.Bandit raid on garbage, had alot of fun wiping them out but must of had 12-15 more spawn very soon after, which ruins the fun of trying to keep characters like bes alive, your own efforts just seem pointless.

2.Friendly npcs get entirely wiped out 8 times out of 10, same effect as above(maybe this would not be a problem on a lower difficulty, but i don't want the game to be any easier)

3.The weight limit (although easily fixed) might help to change weapons often, and help to encourage scavenging the battlefield more effectively, but in turn takes some of the point and fun from purchasing weapons from shops that 1.05 had.

4.less friendly stalkers roaming about(and when there are some issue 2 happens), i personally LOVED the firefights you could get into all the time with a bunch of friendly stalkers, giving you more opportunities to heal neutrals and make them into friends, only to come back later and find that the zone has taken them one way or another.

and of course all the usual suspects such as recoil(arma 2 isn't this bad), height(very strange).

I love the accuracy though mainly because i dont want to feel like i'm playing schwarzenegger sim 3000, just my opinions remember, say what you will though, good or bad.

Edited by: Le_Smee

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.