Development of KtK 2.09.31 finished - servers and players needed to test.
Kill the King (KtK) is a new mod which changes the Call of Duty 4 experience dramatically by dividing teams in two groups - assassins and guardians. At first, one lone assassin must strive to kill the king - whilst dodging the guardians. Killing a guardian will respawn him as an assassin, who can then help to kill the King.
I proudly (and finally) present 'kill the king' v2.09.31
I don't want to loose much words, but a huge thanks goes out to the 3xP clan for hosting the test server, testing every little bugfix, and constantly reporting improvement ideas and found bugs on their forums.
* If there are no more huge bugs left i will stop the development of ktk at this point.
* Developing this mod was challenging but a lot of fun - I hope you enjoy playing it.
Changelog for KtK v2.09.31:
- Fixed the server crash "exceeded maximum number of script variables" caused by to many players playing on the server,
- Fixed the bug that the dog was picked even if he's disabled in the config or set to a amount of needed guardians,
- Fixed the bug which caused players with the gungame perk to spawn with the first weapon after joining,
- Fixed the bug which blocked players from resetting a picked hardpoint,
- Fixed the issue that assassins loose a gained carepackage on respawn,
- Fixed the auto-weapon-change as assassin when climbing or mantling,
- Fixed the hardpoints and grenades for the picked terminator,
- Fixed the poison grenade damage during spawnprotection,
- Fixed the infinite horn bug whent he RC-XD explodes,
- Fixed the reset of the settings after a map change,
- Fixed the j_head/j_helmet server crashes (finally),
- Fixed the carepackage landing on an RC-XD,
- Fixed the money display for assassins,
- Fixed the infinite throwing knives,
- Added a dvar to choose which hardpoints the king will earn (old system or new (new = selected hardpoints in menu)),
- Added a new system to the assassin class selection which defines in percentage how often a class will be chosen,
- Added a button to check the MOTD & Rules again (class menu (the one you see when you press 'esc' ingame)),
- Added a dvar to vary the helicopter health, depending on the total amount of players on the server,
- Added a sript to pick a new king when the current one leaves within a specified time,
- Added a new dvar for the javelin so admins can set the needed time to lock a target,
- Added an ammocounter for the javelin so you can see how many ammo you have left,
- Added a script which removes the maps which was just played from the mapvote,
- Added a dvar to remove weapons around the map (e.g. poolday the little room),
- Added a button to choose between dog and slave (player settings menu),
- Added a button to the main menu to rejoin the last server played on,
- Added dvars to control the radius and damage of the tripwires,
- Added a help menu to explain the basics of the gameplay,
- Added a feature to disable hardpoints on specified maps,
- Added dvars to change the color of the gained xp popup,
- Added targetmarkers to some hardpoints (e.g. ac130),
- Added a message when the javelin is out of ammo,
- Added dvars to control the tripwire damage,
- Added a javelin for the assassins
- Changed the gore effect - it's not playing when the player survives the explosion,
- Changed the check for how many helicopters are currently in the airspace,
- Changed the mapvote - when no map was voted a random one will be picked,
- Changed the explosive crossbow - it will now damage helicopters,
- Changed the needed amount of players for the gamestart to 2,
- Changed the weaponbox, assassins can now use it too,
- Seperated the final killcam from the normal killcam,
- Removed 2 xmodels (tire and dog poop),
- Katana, knife and dog bite can now also be used by pressing the attack button,
- Players can now move around while waiting for others.
As a side note:
Keep the name of the modfolder and the name of the iwd file/s inside as short as possible to make sure you're not running into a "file sum/name mismatch" error. Rename the iwd coming with KtK if you have to.
- KtK developer -
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.