Let's take a sneak peek into Beta 3!
* Insurgency Beta 3 will be be powered by the Orange Box Engine by Valve.
* It will feature a new theatre of war: Kosovo.
* The sides fighting for Kosovo will be the British Army and a fictional paramilitary group, the Serbian Liberation Army.
* This new content will be seamlessly integrated with the rest of the mod.
* The existing Insurgency content will be ported to the new engine and upgraded to
make use of the features of the Orange Box engine.
* While Beta 3 is being developed, the current branch of Insurgency will be supported: patches and
updates will be released on a regular basis. 2.1 will receive map updates and additional content whenever possible, as long as it's compatible with the current engine and code.
* The current game modes will be streamlined and redesigned to provide a much more satisfying, immersive and enjoyable experience. Game modes and updated maps will be extensively tested before release.
* The current fireteams / squads / classes system will be revamped with the objective of being much more intuitive and easy to understand.
* Morale will play a key role in the new version. Players will gain morale with good teamplay, skill, and support actions.
* A "Tier" System will be introduced. This system will be tied in with your morale standing - giving
you access to higher Tiers in weapons and accessories. The tier you have reached will disappear after you stop playing in that server. Good players will be able to reach the highest Tier after a few rounds. This will not be a persistent rank system.
* The current game modes will be clarified to make gameplay clear and instantly accessible for everyone.
* The graphical interface of Insurgency will be completely redesigned. It will be much more clear and easier to navigate, choose your class, choose your allegiance, and customize your player's appearance and loadout. This is a requisite for building upon the customization options that we're implementing..
* New customization options will include different choices for the player's appearance, choices of primary weapons, and choices of secondary weapons.
* RPG's, C4, IEDs will be picked up from the map, and any player will be able to make use of them during the battle.
* Several new maps will be included, not only for the Kosovo theatre, but also for the existing
Middle East theatre.
* New additions to the weapons will be included: M16 With Aimpoint, 1911 Pistol, UZI Sub Machine Gun, M240 Heavy Machine Gun, PKM Heavy Machine Gun, as well as other weapons for the British and Serbian teams. The details of their specific weaponry will come at a later time.
Let's take a look at one of the most attractive features, the new GUI:
know who killed them, and check other interesting data while they wait for
example to choose between several secondary weapons
more intuitive to navigate through
ins_buhriz is the codename of one of the new maps already being developed. The location chosen is near Bagdad, an area with a nice mix of dense urban, semi-urban and rural areas: USMC will start the offensive at a rural area composed of fields, bogs, and palm groves, and should make
their way along a central road into the city outskirts. The fight will spread into the city itself, providing a good balance between different types of gameplay.
This is how this map's progress is looking like:
Finally, we've got an image of one of the new weapons that will be included,the much expected H&K G3:
Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat Beta 3 is a monumental task, and it's needed to make Insurgency the great experience we all want it to be. However, INS 2.1 is our first stop, and it will be something to enjoy while Beta 3 is being created. We will be updating you with more information
about both versions in the future. We'd like to thank you once again for your feedback and support. You have made possible the recent Mod of The Year award, and we're committed to make Insurgency much better.