This mod aims to fix bugs and add missing features to Luke Moloney's Homeworld Classic Mod. It is a seperate installation, not an update or a patch. Quote (From Luke Moloney's Homeworld Classic Mod): "Welcome to the Homeworld Classic Mod. This mod attempts to implement the multiplayer features of Homeworld 1, AKA Homeworld Classic, in Homeworld 2. "The following features are implemented: * Unlimited unit caps * Carrier battle * Win condition - capture enemy capital ship * Resource injections * Resource lump sum injection * Bounties * Research disabled * Crates * Hyperspace disabled"
Mainly fixes meant to help prevent desyncs. Also some underlying code base changes to facilitate future expansions.
• Most calls to "random()" have been replaced with calls to my new "srandom()" function, which is pre-seeded and should hopefully reduce desyncs somewhat.
• "HWClassicRebalance_Config.lua" has been renamed to "hwcconfig.lua" and moved to the "Data\Scripts" directory. It is thus no longer "outside" the BIG file, and must be decompressed before it can be modifed.
• Greatly changed the internal structure of "hwcconfig.lua". The reasons may not be immediately apparent, but they are there.
• Other minor code refactoring in order to take advantage of the new "utilfunc.lua" scripts.
• The included level files are no longer compiled using LuaC. This caused me some headaches when I tried to continue working on the mod, as I had to trackdown the uncompiled copies in my old backups.
• "IncFunctions.lua" has been renamed to "levelfunc.lua" and moved to "Data\Scripts". "IncVariables.lua" has been removed entirely. The functions can now tell automatically whether the tweaking variables have already been defined in the level file, so the additional file is no longer necessary. (The variables have actually been merged into "levelfunc.lua".)
• The value of the "RUMulti" variable has been inverted, so that you specify "1/5" now instead of "5". This is more natural, since HW1 uses more resources, and you mostly reduce the number in order to get things within HW2's bounds.