Homeworld2 v1.2 Modernized (Build 1.2.17) raw .big file release. For a comprehensive list of changes and additions included, see the release description below.
The following is an list of changes and additions in the 1.2.17 build:
- Missiles and Torpedoes will spawn a detonation effect when their lifetime reaches zero.
and Cluster Torpedo velocity has been increased to 320m/s (lifetime
decreased to keep max range proportional to range in v1.1).
- Fusion missile velocity has been increased to 400m/s (lifetime decreased to keep max range proportional to range in v1.1).
- Kinetic autocannon effect uses smaller bullets for interceptors and hull defenses.
defense guns for the Shipyards, Carriers, Motherships and Mobile
Refineries have a rapid-fire effect. Their effectiveness is unaffected
and they have the same performance as in v1.1.
- Strikecraft will
display smoke trails when they reach 50% health. Strikecraft that are
critically damaged will puff fire rearward along with the smoke.
- Frequency of "deathrail" death effect for fighters has been increased between 25-50%; a larger deathrail effect has been added for corvettes.
- Assault Craft and Interceptor squadrons will split into subgroups of two and dogfight with each other.
- Plasma bombs, EMP bombs and small kinetic shells used by Gun platforms and the Assault Frigate have added trail effects.
- Laser Corvette laser effect has been replaced by a new, larger laser FX.
- Trails for fighters and corvettes have been reduced to 75% their original length.
- Frigates and Capital Ships (excluding Hiigaran Battlecruisers) will be able to bank at up to 90 degrees and pitch at 90 degree angles.
- Destroyer cannons will have a 25% higher rate of fire but have their damage per shot proportionally decreased.
Gunships, Interceptors, Scouts, Gun Platforms and Vaygr Assault Craft,
Gun Platform and Scout guns have twice the rate of fire but their damage
has been proportionally decreased by 50%.
- Vaygr Battlecruiser
fusion missiles have a larger explosion effect indicative of their
larger warhead yields. Missile launches will now properly display steam
FX for all eight missiles. A new fire SFX for the Trinity cannon has
been used to replace the standard kinetic shell SFX used for the Trinity
cannon in v1.1.
- Hiigaran Battlecruiser ion cannon turret model has been replaced with an updated model.
Additions and New Content
Bombers have been added to the Vaygr and Hiigaran build lists: they
come armed with long-range fusion missiles and torpedoes. Strategic
Bombers have a long reload time (45 seconds), a high build cost (750
RU), 4 units per squadron, and a low maximum speed (240m/s by default).
missile launchers have been added to the Assault Craft and Interceptor.
The missiles have a short range, weak warheads, low lifespan, and will
only target other strikecraft.
- Scouts have EMP launcher pods modeled and mounted to their undersides.
- Vaygr Command Corvettes have a sensor ping ability upgrade.
or altered effects for small kinetic shells, rapid firing cannons,
laser corvette laser pulses, SRM exhaust and plasma bombs.
game options: optional starting fleets (Default, Tactical, Dual Carrier,
Shipyard), AI build aids option to enhance CPU player performance, new
starting resource options.
- Eight maps from TFS have been
included: 2P Enclosure, 4P Enclosure Double, 6P Radiation Belt, 6P
Staged Assault, 6P Stagflation, 6P Tactical Revolution, 6P Vanguard and
6P Tanis Wreckage.
Re-balances and Alterations
- Lance Fighter plasma lance rate recharge rate has been decreased from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
Fighter plasma lance has a 2x damage multiplier against platforms and
resource collectors, making it more versatile and giving it two new
- Heavy Missile Frigate weapon range slightly increased from 3500m to 4000m.
- Bomber health has been increased from 30 to 40 per individual bomber.
- All strikecraft weapons have had their range slightly increased by 400m.
- Hiigaran Gunship accuracy against fighters has been slightly increased (0.13 to 0.16).
- The lifespan of mines has been increased from 200 to 2000 seconds.
- Vaygr Command Corvette armor has been increased from 600 to 800.
Assault Frigate concussion missile range has been increased from 2000
to 2500m; accuracy of turrets has been decreased very slightly to
- The single player campaign unit cap now allows for deployment of up to 3 Battlecruisers (versus only 2 in v1.1).
- The "kick player" notice and option pop-up menu has been removed.