v1.2 Modernized is the second incarnation of the v1.2 Community Patch that was first released in 2006. v1.2 Modernized is not a total overhaul of the base game. It is a basic mod that aims to preserve the experience and unit balancing of vanilla Homeworld2 while adding as little changes as possible, mainly focusing on implementing new graphical effects, HODs, sound effects and scripts used in the Tactical Fleet Simulator (TFS) total overhaul modification. This mod incorporates several new features, including some new game modes from the Homeworld2 modding community, new maps, and a single new Bomber unit for both races - which can be disabled in the game setup if one desires to play with the traditional ship roster.
Homeworld2 v1.2 Modernized (Build 1.2.18) raw .big file release. This build includes some of the graphical elements and enhancements being developed for TFS 4G.
* Implementation of CnlPepper's advanced shader model
* Implementation of high-resolution UI texture scripts from TFS v2.9 (for 1080p resolution)
* Modified Assault Craft launcher model from TFS v2.9
* Added trail effect for Fusion Missiles and Torpedoes from TFS v2.9
* Increased Badge selection screen window size
* Modified laser sprite for Laser Corvette
* Slightly reduced damage of Strategic Bombers against Capital Ships