Current Release: Open Beta, playable on all battle.net servers, free to play
How to play
If you own Starcraft II you can find the map in the arcade on all battle.net servers
If you don't own Starcraft II you can download the SC2 Starter Edition for free at this LINK
Dig underground tunnels, build rooms and attract creatures at your service, then use your army to annihilate your enemies.
Each room has a different use and can attract a specific type of creature, so it's up to you to build the best dungeon possible.
You can even build traps or research new spells.
- Use your drones to dig and build your perfect underground hive/dungeon
- Attract different creatures researching and building new rooms types
- Full featured creatures AI that allows them to eat, sleep, train and work autonomously if you provide them the needed rooms
- Each creature has different abilities and can gain experience with fights or by training
- Quickly drag and drop your creatures where they are needed, you can even slap them to increase their work efficiency
- Research and build traps to welcome any intruder that dares to step into your territory
- Research and use spells to quickly destroy your opponents or support your army
- Play in different game modes, against waves of invading heroes or against other keepers
- Full featured playable tutorial
This map is freely inspired to Dungeon Keeper 2 but all the game will be transported to the starcraft universe. That means that all DK units, rooms and spells will be converted in SC2 units, giving them similar roles and abilities as they had in the original game.
For people who don't know, Dungeon Keeper was one of the most in depth strategy game created by Bullfrog in the old '90s.
This patch contains improvements for performance, AI and possession.
Possession now allows the player to directly attack and use abilities while controlling a creature. Use left mouse click to use the basic attack, 1 or 2 for special abilities (when present) and right click to dig with drones.
NOTE: due to re-publishing limitations of the Rock the Cabinet contest, the map released on NA servers has the "attack while using possession" feature disabled. Until the contest is over, a second version of the map has been published with a different name.
To encourage map exploration I added one of the first upcoming changes: boosts.
Boosts are small items, scattered around the map, that can be activated for special bonuses. At these moments there are in game and more will be added in the future:
- Increase level of all your creatures by 1
- Heal all your creatures
- Temporarily increase efficiency for all your creatures
- Temporarily increase happinessfor all your creatures
- Spawn 4 additional drones
- Increase vespene gas
- Increase minerals
- Bonus global research (500 to each research tree)
- Bonus for a single research tree (1000)
Last but not least, voice alerts made by Yushatak were added in game!
o First waves starting time slightly increased in normal and easy maps
o Optimized how dig selection works, that should improve performance in multiplayer game
o Drones dig and conquer AI greatly improved
o Drones now run away in fear when encountering enemies
o Creatures won't die anymore from hunger, however happiness of extremely hungry or tired creatures will decrease faster
o Modified creatures drop stun duration depending on creature type, agile creatures will be stunned for less time compared to clumsy ones
o Added boost items in all maps
o Improved alert system with new icons and voice messages
o Possession greatly improved and attacks during possession are now enabled (use left mouse for basic attack, right mouse for digging with drones and 1-2 for special abilities)
o Fixed a bug that could cause a stop in the tutorial after building a level 2 spore cannon
o Drones won't attack anymore while carrying an unconscious creature
o Fixed defeat screen UI
Latest tweets from @bibendus83
Jun 4 2014, 7:47am
Jun 4 2014, 7:18am
Feb 8 2014, 10:53pm
Dec 12 2013, 9:04am
@MassDebaterr glad to hear that :D Are you a map maker too? What's your nick?
Dec 11 2013, 7:31am
Nov 25 2013, 3:06pm
Nov 23 2013, 6:49am