Hard Doom is a replacement/enhancement mod that replaces all monsters in Doom 2 with versions that are similar in role, but more dangerous. In general, Hard Doom is geared towards players who want a more difficult, genuine survival experience, and it has a variety of visual effects that are more subtle and don't block your view of the action. Over the years since its initial release, it has been meticulously balanced and rebalanced, with new features and effects added to make this a great mod to play through the popular megawads with, without changing Doom's flavor or core gameplay. This mod requires ZDoom, GZDoom, or Zandronum in order to play!
List of changes in this version:
1. Added a rare Lost Soul replacement known as the "Visage". It spawns with a 16% chance.
2. Added a rare Pain Elemental replacement known as the "Ancient Apparition". It spawns with an 8% chance.
3. Added rare Arachnotron replacement known as the "Arachnotron Mk III". It spawns with an 8% chance.
4. Added glow to nukage, lava, sludge, and teleport flats.
5. Added lens flares to light decorations.
6. Added lens flares to powerup orbs.
7. Added the line powerup effect to armors.
8. Re-added dynamic footsteps (adjusted them of course).
9. Adjusted the homing projectile speed and aggressiveness on the Hells Fury.
10. Removed +MissileMore from the Hells Fury.
11. Lowered the height of the Hells Fury skull projectile. This should cause it to explode on low ceilings less.
12. Rictus Kamikaze explosion damage reduced to 32 (from 64), total damage on direct hit is now 42-112.
13. The Rictus will now kamikaze at 20 or less health (down from 25).
14. Rictus painchance raised to 160 (from 128)
15. Increased the super shotgunners delay after firing by 7tics.
16. Increased the spread on the Dark Cyber/Spiders BFG10k's to "6, 2.2".
17. Decreased the splash damage of the Archons comet to 64 (from 80), it now does 74-144 damage on direct hit.
18. Removed +Missilemore from the Crackodemon.
19. Removed +Missilemore from the Mafibus.
20. Reduced the explosion damage of the Pyro Demons fire shot by 32 and increased damage by 2 (now hits 100-128 down from 130-144).
21. Reduced the damage of the Pyro Demons "FireBombExplosion" by 32. This will reduce the overall damage of the Pyro Blast attack. It will still insta-kill you on direct hit though.
22. Increased the spawn rate of the Shadow Demon, Hellfire Revenant, and Hells Fury to 8% (from 5%) to give better variation of enemies.
23. Changed Revenant colors from green to black.
24. Visually improved Revenant Rockets.
25. Reworked the Shadowvile.
26. Shadow Demon projectiles are now homing.
27. The Shadow Demon no longer fires projectiles when painchanced.
28. Replaced boss spawn cube sprites.
29. Fixed and improved the Archvile fire damage.
30. Made the Sonic Railgunner pierce armor again.
31. Added a small spread to the Sonic Railgunner primary attack.
32. Added a small spread to the Sonic Railgun primary fire.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.